2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep him
Punt 2 of Holgate, Keane, Godfrey.
Based on current book values on the three players
If we were to sell Holgate anything we can get is pure profit on the books.
With Keane anything over 5m is profit and lastly Godfrey would need to bring in about 11m to balance the books.
I would keep Godfrey and sell the other 2 especially Keane because of his contract extension which costs about 3.5m a year.

Michael I'm your father
Dyche even sounds like Darth Vader
That could be the explanation. Either that or during his downtime when he was doing masterclass podcasts and giving TED Talks to world leaders he also signed up for one of those prankster tv shows. Somewhere in an unmarked van outside Goodison Ant n Dec are saying in his earpiece "now play Michael Keane, that'll really make their heads fall off".

With Mina gone, we have to sign Coady - can’t trust Keane or Holgate.

Tarks and Branithwate with coady as cover or part of a back 3.

Keane had to go as does Holgate.
Would try 3 mill for Coady and sell Branthwaite

We need short term impact and Branthwaite, KeaneHolgate and Davies sale or release will increase the spending pot and ease salaries.

For me if he’s happy being a rotation player it’s an easy yes. Branthwaite and Tarkowski should ideally be our starting CBs next season but if Jarrad isn’t quite ready he’s a guy you’d be comfortable with coming in. If Keane is even getting dropped by a manager who clearly likes him his race is run.

No thanks.

4.5 million for a player nearing the end of his career plus wages in the region of 80k per week.
I would sign him up for two. I would consider three. It's an inexpensive solution to an immediate problem, and CBs tend to hang on longer than most.

I wouldn't love it. The alternatives are sign someone younger up at a price, hunt for the next Tarkowski and pray we hit, or keep a CB we know doesn't work. I would not count on another hit like Tarkowski, and this is not a position I want to commit significant resources to this summer.

No thanks.

4.5 million for a player nearing the end of his career plus wages in the region of 80k per week.
He's 30 and his game doesn't rely on pace, and he's never injured. Easily worth a two-year deal plus option for a third. You need to consider what it'd cost to bring in somebody that would be happy in a rotation role as Coady will likely be, probably £15m or something plus slightly lower wages? Look at it that way and Coady's signing makes absolute sense.

I would sign him up for two. I would consider three. It's an inexpensive solution to an immediate problem, and CBs tend to hang on longer than most.

I wouldn't love it. The alternatives are sign someone younger up at a price, hunt for the next Tarkowski and pray we hit, or keep a CB we know doesn't work. I would not count on another hit like Tarkowski, and this is not a position I want to commit significant resources to this summer.

We have a deal in place for 4.5 million if we tried to lowball it i guess Wolves will tell us where to go and sell on the open market.

He's 30 and his game doesn't rely on pace, and he's never injured. Easily worth a two-year deal plus option for a third. You need to consider what it'd cost to bring in somebody that would be happy in a rotation role as Coady will likely be, probably £15m or something plus slightly lower wages? Look at it that way and Coady's signing makes absolute sense.

He is not all that, is only going to get worse so not worth investing in.

We have a deal in place for 4.5 million if we tried to lowball it i guess Wolves will tell us where to go and sell on the open market.
Correct, with the only problem being we have to get the personal terms agreed right now, if it's correct that the deadline on the option is tomorrow.

Fair to call me out on the ambiguity by not saying 'two years' and 'three years' to clarify that bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.