Coleman is my favorite player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had confidence in him since he came on vs Spurs ages ago, wanted him right back for ages, made up he's there now.

It's weird to see Everton with two attacking full backs for once, I wouldn't mind him being left out for the games against Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. Would be behind him starting the games then getting subbed around the 60 minute mark. Think Moyes has put more trust into him, seeing he's willing to put a shift in, he suffers from minor lapses of inexperience but even our our best full back (Baines) gets caught out sometimes. once him and Mirallas build a partnership we'll start to see our left side and right side even out,in terms of the left being up there with some of the best football in this league.

I've had doubts about us going back in for Donovan but he'd give Coleman a lot more protection than Mirallas would (it's not such a bad thing anyway, the only way to get better is to get experience having to defend), financially I don't think Donovan would be a good purchase. As far as on the field taking priority, he'd be a great purchase when we need to be a bit more defensive in a game.

Glad to see him actually be given a chance against right back, assuming Moyes realised Hibbert and Neville won't be around forever so he had to let him off the leash.

I was expecting Neville or Hibbert to start at right back in the derby. Whether through choice or necessity Coleman started and I think it will give him a major boost to know he has the managers confidence and I think he will only get better from here on in. Gwed Seamus lad.

It will be interesting to see when Gibson returns will capy PN just displace Coleman for the sake of it or be benched like he should be??????
That is why PN has to be removed from Captaincy & Jags or Baines be given the armband!

It's weird to see Everton with two attacking full backs for once, I wouldn't mind him being left out for the games against Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. Would be behind him starting the games then getting subbed around the 60 minute mark. Think Moyes has put more trust into him, seeing he's willing to put a shift in, he suffers from minor lapses of inexperience but even our our best full back (Baines) gets caught out sometimes. once him and Mirallas build a partnership we'll start to see our left side and right side even out,in terms of the left being up there with some of the best football in this league.

I've had doubts about us going back in for Donovan but he'd give Coleman a lot more protection than Mirallas would (it's not such a bad thing anyway, the only way to get better is to get experience having to defend), financially I don't think Donovan would be a good purchase.
As far as on the field taking priority, he'd be a great purchase when we need to be a bit more defensive in a game.

Glad to see him actually be given a chance against right back, assuming Moyes realised Hibbert and Neville won't be around forever so he had to let him off the leash.

Switch Pienaar onto the right and keep Mirallas on the left. Job done. No money spent.

Switch Pienaar onto the right and keep Mirallas on the left. Job done. No money spent.

I think Pienaar is so good in a Blue shirt he'd be good anyway in midfield, but surely on the left being able to cut inside is one his best assets?

I think Pienaar is so good in a Blue shirt he'd be good anyway in midfield, but surely on the left being able to cut inside is one his best assets?

As you imply, he's pretty much a utility player who can play right across the midfield. On the evidence of Sunday, Mirallas and Baines can work out. Maybe tinkering with Baines/Pienaar isn't ideal, but we do have a problem at RM, and I have the feeling that Mirallas may only be able to knuckle down on that other flank.

Why shouldn't Coleman start against the likes of Chelsea/Man U?

At least give him the chance, if then he's out of his depth you change things, and its not like Neville and Hibbert have never played gash at rb against teams.

Neither of them will be fit for an entire season, don't see Gueye making the step up, Oviedo isn't ready (like Barkley) right now and Naismith I don't ever see being a regular starter. In a few years yeah it would be great but Pienaar isn't young is he? He's not going to be this good forever, might be wrong and being a bit of an Arsene here but apart from Scholes and Giggs can anyone name me a player who's had a huge influence in an EPL season who's over 35 in the past 10 years? I know Pienaars only 30 right now, I'm trying to look at it from a non blue tinted glasses and a financial point of view.

@deathbyropeandglass
He has gotten into some pretty bad situations while he's been at RB, defensively he's a bit naive still so going for a more experienced player isn't such a bad thing. As much as I hate Neville playing it's about the bigger picture, I'd rather Neville or Hibbert play, do a solid job, no complaints, than a kneejerk thread about how awful Coleman is.

His energy from RB is fantastic, if he can just establish himself as a solid defender and nothing more, then he is going to be special, he drives the team forward from full back, just as Baines does on the left, no way should he be dropped for those two oafs who have occupied the position for the last 10 years

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/inte...31-trapattoni-sees-bright-future-for-coleman/

Trapattoni: "Coleman was fantastic, he was the man of the match. We know him and we have told him he is important to us for the future. I have said many times, the midfield of our team is not only the four midfielders, we have two more, the right and left-backs. Seamus is fast, he can recover the ball, he has a good personality and at this moment, he has a very good future."

Status
Not open for further replies.