2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough was thinking that they would love him there. Carlo has the control he wants here. He is building HIS team. Supportive owner, a fan base that idolises him.
In contrast you’d get to work for the Glaziers and having Ed Woodward conducting transfer business. Two of my mates are huge United fans, they bemoan their luck, we’ve got Carlo and they’ve got Ole (in truth they don’t just blame Ole).

If he wanted a team like Man U he could have signed a short contract or... just waited after he was sacked , took some holiday and then waited. He didn’t , he was sold an idea, a vision , made promises and has made them same promises to James , Alan etc and has the backing and full support of every single person in and connected to the club . He’s not going anywhere

We’ll be reflecting on the incoming derby win as a crucial point in Carlo bring La Decima to Goodison in a years time

it’s another big milestone for us under him. We’ve ticked off the away win at a top 6 team. Now we have to do the derby win. Then the confidence flows to the point they might believe they could win a trophy. Similar to what Mancini did at City, we have to tick off these milestones one by one, there’ll probably be set backs on the way but we need to keep coming back strong and stick around at a good level rather than being there one year then having two shambolic ones after it. We need to be getting into Europe most years, getting to cup semi finals most years, turning up in good form to the derby most years. That’s how you win stuff and get these monkeys off the club’s back. Not being a complete shambles every single season hoping you might fluke a win at Anfield despite not winning in five games previous and being out of the cups.

I hope not - would be like Klopp going and the Cult replacing him with Gerrard.

The day Carlo leaves we must appoint a top drawer manager to carry on his work - not go down the sentimental Lampard, Solskjaer road.

It's not quote the same as Gerrard isn't working under Klopp now. It's always a nice idea to have a successor within the club who has learnt under the former manager, that said it very rarely works out. Harvey and Kendall would probably be a more apt comparison.

Can you imagine if we got someone like Carlo Ancelotti, the players he could sign and the belief the players would have.

Still can't believe he's our Manager

The pundits on ESPN FC tipped their top six before the start of the season and were given the chance to change their mind this week.

Three kept the same teams but changed the order - you can guess the six teams. The next night the other two tipped their top four again.

Not one of them had Everton in their picks, and this was since last weekends results

Ian Darke did ask Steve Nicol if he'd thought of putting Everton in his top six, but he didn't say a word. He just there with a sheepish grin on his dial.

Darke said he doesn't think we've got the squad depth, but that we are very interesting.

I mention this because it's a similar outlook to those framing 3/1 odds about Everton winning the derby.

The pundits on ESPN FC tipped their top six before the start of the season and were given the chance to change their mind this week.

Three kept the same teams but changed the order - you can guess the six teams. The next night the other two tipped their top four again.

Not one of them had Everton in their picks, and this was since last weekends results

Ian Darke did ask Steve Nicol if he'd thought of putting Everton in his top six, but he didn't say a word. He just there with a sheepish grin on his dial.

Darke said he doesn't think we've got the squad depth, but that we are very interesting.

I mention this because it's a similar outlook to those framing 3/1 odds about Everton winning the derby.

apart from City in 18/19 most teams who have won the prem recently haven’t had squad depth. Take out Kante or Costa from Conte’s team and they don’t win it. Same with Leicester if you take out Vardy or Kante. Same with Liverpool if any of the first 11 was out for a long period. If you want to win the league you have to have a good run with injuries. All these kopite pundits asking ‘but yeah what if James Richarlison and Calvert Lewin get injured though, where’s the cover?’ Well what if they don’t and Salah Mane and Firmino get injured?

Ancelotti has restored Everton's pride as Merseyside derby looms

I think the turning point for Ancelotti was the derby defeat by their youth team. That would have hurt him very much and he learnt a lot about the players. His hurt could probably be compared to the Italian national teams defeat by North Korea in 1966.

" In Italy, the Azzurri were met with bitter condemnation—and, at the airport, a hail of refuse. Fabbri was immediately sacked and replaced by Ferruccio Valcareggi, who coached jointly with Inter manager Helenio Herrera before taking over alone in 1967. Two years after the team's greatest humiliation, he led the Italians to their sole European Championship, and two years after that took them to their first World Cup final since 1938".

I could imagine Ancelotti wanting to throw rotten tomatoes that day at the players. He has turned us around from being a bit of a laughing stock to become a proper football team with his signings and management.

we are only 4 games in

talks of top 4 and winning the league are laughable

I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading it. It was fluffing guff, an opportunity created to chat about a couple of media favourites and missing the elephant in the room.

I agree that JR is the only real comparison to KDB, at the moment I think I'd rather have KDB but I expect that opinion to change when I've seen a whole season of JR for us.

Id rather have James ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.