2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why all this heat maps,XA ,XG ,zone 13 ,false 9 ,inverted winger crap bugs the life out of me
99 times out of a hunderd 11 good players will beat 11 average and bad players
Once they all know their job and do it it really is simple
4-4-2.
4-3-3
4-2-3-1
They all make no no difference once you have good players
Good point. But I might add that Ancelotti learned from Sacchi the 4-4-2. It is still his favorite formation. He has adapted over the years because of other managers lineups and the players at hand. The formation will change depending on the players. As he feels that his strikers are more numerous, and his midfield is strong, he’ll move toward a 4-3-3 as he’s done recently. He’s never been a fan of Tiki Taka (Total Football) of the Cruyff school. You won’t see that dull crap here at Everton...thank god!

Good point. But I might add that Ancelotti learned from Sacchi the 4-4-2. It is still his favorite formation. He has adapted over the years because of other managers lineups and the players at hand. The formation will change depending on the players. As he feels that his strikers are more numerous, and his midfield is strong, he’ll move toward a 4-3-3 as he’s done recently. He’s never been a fan of Tiki Taka (Total Football) of the Cruyff school. You won’t see that dull crap here at Everton...thank god!
Exactly he will play the system that suits the players but it makes no odds what system you play if they are all good players
Barca on their pomp could have played 3-5-2 if so required because they had 15-16 really good players
Good players are good players and can play any system

It's funny we've heard nothing on complex systems and all that nonsense from Ancelotti as well have we? None of this tica tica, or gegen-pressing or other cringey labels to essentially characterise things that have been in football since it's inception (press your opponents and pass the ball). He seems to be above needing to invent stupid labels to make himself look better.

Take Saturday, 1st half we swarmed them, and played high posession. 2nd half we sat deep and spring on the counter. Yet the gaggle of hacks that surround footballs eco stream try to tell us you can only play 1 way. It's complete nonsense. Ancelotti has shown them up, as to a degree even Dean Smith has this season.
Exactly you play what’s in front of you
First half Brighton sat back and we pressed and attacked full on
Second half being behind Brighton pressed high and we hit them on the break
Carlo’s order both times I’d say
Good players can play either way.
It does not matter how much possession you have , it’s what you do with it that counts

It's simple really. The clubs with the biggest revenues pre Covid (commercial particularly) are going to be hardest hit by Covid, both in absolute and relative terms.

People in football make me laugh with the fatalism of the game. Like it's impossible for United not to finish in the top 10. Businesses 10 x the size of United could conceivably fold in this recession. Cineworld takes 10 x what United do and they are shutting down. Yet people can't get their heads around the idea a side might slip further down the pecking order a bit.

I'll be honest, I am surprised there was as much sending as there was this summer. I think the postponement of FFP helped a lot. There will be mssive debts soon for all of the top 6 teams with huge wahe bills they can't pay. United are just the 1st.

One thing I've learned in business too, no matter how big you are, when organisations have to start going into reverse, very few manage that transition well. If you're mates losing his job, or you're being paid less, or you're not getting your bonus, or not getting your company car, or having to work longer eyes unpaid etc, it doesn't matter if you work in a big or small business, morale gets sapped either way.
The players at Inited will be looking around the dressing room and seeing a lack of ambition from above
If Ole really wanted Sancho why not just go and get him , instead they got Cavani on 300k a week
We seen how Ozil and Sanchez have worked out on mega money
Paying Cavani 45 m over 3 years why not just use that to go the extra yard for Sancho

Rumours rife in Manchester, Solsjaer is gone by Tuesday and MU will approach Everton for permission to speak to Carlo. They should tell them to go to blazes, plouitely.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.