2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to think he's my favorite manager we've had. Granted, I've only seen...six(?) of them but he's the guy that you KNOW he knows what he is talking about. And he's a supremely calming influence as well.

Proper love the lad. I know this is just a job to him but I wish we could have these players with supporters in the stands so they can hear how long we've waited for ANYTHING like this. Ok, maybe not THAT long as it was Martinez's first season but before that? Never felt like this that I can remember in Moyes's term..

Got the 80's feel doesn't it?
Yep, forgot what it looked like to see a team genuinely have a plan of attack. Bit early to call 80s reincarnated but like you say, it certainly has that feel.
It's been a while, but I believe the word is optimise... optomitrist... optimis... Ah, I dont recall, but it's been missing for too long, but i'm optimistic it's back at last... ooh that was it.

The ultimate in pragmatic managers. If something doesn't work, he just finds something that does, then does that.

Instead of this stupid "ideology" nonsense from the failures like Martinez and Silva.

Same with Guardiola - give him a team without hundreds of millions to spend and he'd look stupid, because you can only play his way if you sign the absolute perfect players to do it. But if you don't have those players? Then you don't play that way - simple.

I agree with this view. It is good to have a philosophy and an identity. The team has to know what their game plan and improve on it every season.

But the philosophy should not come at the expense of actual results. Guardiola is so in love with his philosophy that it will continue to cost City CL success. He keeps buying defenders because the focus is playing from the back rather than are they good at defending .

A team should have an identity, but a manager should learn how to adapt and play to the strength of his players. People say how come Carlo gets the best out of James. .maybe because he puts him in a position to succeed rather than focus on whether he "fits" his system.

I just absolutely adore this man as a coach

Got to think he's my favorite manager we've had. Granted, I've only seen...six(?) of them but he's the guy that you KNOW he knows what he is talking about. And he's a supremely calming influence as well.

Proper love the lad. I know this is just a job to him but I wish we could have these players with supporters in the stands so they can hear how long we've waited for ANYTHING like this. Ok, maybe not THAT long as it was Martinez's first season but before that? Never felt like this that I can remember in Moyes's term..
I would die for him, Riddick, I would die for him.

Bobby used to do things like that and we used to throw away 2-3 goal Leeds to the likes of Bournemouth . I will trust Carlo to know what he’s doing thank you very much

The only reason Papa was getting Waclott on was because he wants to put the guy in the shop window.

The ultimate in pragmatic managers. If something doesn't work, he just finds something that does, then does that.

Instead of this stupid "ideology" nonsense from the failures like Martinez and Silva.

Same with Guardiola - give him a team without hundreds of millions to spend and he'd look stupid, because you can only play his way if you sign the absolute perfect players to do it. But if you don't have those players? Then you don't play that way - simple.

I get the ideology angle .. like having a plan and vision but like you say, decent managers when taking over will asses players . Then identify which ones can and won’t fit into that system and slowly buy and sell players to achieve the goal. The problem with this and with mahers like bobby and Silva , when the players can’t play that way and you haven’t billions to spend , the team suffers . Bobby asking bramble and Caldwell to play like Franz bekenbaur for example. Carlo has the ability to play the system that suits his players while signing ones he knows will fit into what he wants . Imagine the team in a year or so... he will have had time to sign another 5-6 players giving him a squad and team all of his own making . This is just the beginning... hopefully richy and our other players can see this and stay for project Carlo

The only reason Papa was getting Waclott on was because he wants to put the guy in the shop window.

Yeah I agree .. just Dave was saying he needs to make subs earlier when games are sewn up. I was posting out that no game is sewn up and that bobby used to blow leads regularly by making daft descions . I then said I will trust Carlo to do what he wants as he’s a winner and done this for years

34 games left. 17 wins. Champions league. Sounds easy doesn’t it. This man can make it happen.

I wrote about this in the 'champions' thread. Think the first target should be 20 wins. If we aim for 10 wins in the first 19 games then we should have a decent benchmark there.

4 down, 6 to go with 15 to play.

To be honest it’s only 4 games in and you would think it’s too early to be thinking of champions league. But then you realise bloody hell it’s not Koeman or Moyes at the helm, it’s possibly the greatest manager of his generation guiding us here.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richarlison

If we played against anyone in a one off game i would be positive that a fully fit 11 would get a result.

Ancelotti i think likes to have options;

Virginia
Kenny Holgate Godfrey Nkounkou
Davies Delph Sigurdsson
Iwobi Kean Gordon

Gbamin / Delph?

Even with Ancelotti i think over the course of the season we need to;

Protect the goalkeepers who arent reliable
Protect Coleman as Kenny isnt a top player
Wrap the midfield in cotton wool

I think we'll be looking to strengthen those 3 areas over the next 12 months.

Ancelotti will be a miracle worker if he gets us champions league and/or wins us a cup.

A great barometer is going to be the liverpool game. The good thing there is that we have southampton and newcastle as the following 2 fixtures.

Draw or beat liverpool and we should win both those games. If we lose then we could be back on track very quickly.

If things go our way over the next 6 games then we could actually build up a gap between us and 5th place after 10 games.

Ancelotti at this time deserves a medal for bringing back some belief and excitement into our lives.

@tirion what do you have to say now? This team just can't stop winning. The Pickford situation is a concern, but we recovered well from their equalizer, and comfortably put Brighton to the sword. Ancelotti and the signing of Rodrigues have transformed this club. We have the reds up next after the international break. They may be champions and all, but im honestly of the opinion, that we go out there and let them do the worrying about us.

Sure this is Everton they say, and we never win derbies. But all evidence we have seen so far, suggests that Everton under Ancelotti, are a different animal to the timid Everton sides under Moyes Martinez and Silva, who pretty much nearly always failed to deliver in derby matches. We've started the season with four wins out of four. If it ain't five wins from five after the derby, then i will be disappointed. But i agree with you Tirion mate, Carlo Fantastico Carlo Magnifico indeed.;)

Ancelotti actually made a comment about that. He said that as a young manager he had a specific way of playing. If the player didn’t fit his style he would trade him (in fact he is the principal reason why Zola went to Chelsea). He said that that was the wrong approach. He said that with more experience he began to be more open and learn to adapt to the players he had, rather than the players adapting to him.

I wrote about this in the 'champions' thread. Think the first target should be 20 wins. If we aim for 10 wins in the first 19 games then we should have a decent benchmark there.

4 down, 6 to go with 15 to play.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richarlison

If we played against anyone in a one off game i would be positive that a fully fit 11 would get a result.

Ancelotti i think likes to have options;

Virginia
Kenny Holgate Godfrey Nkounkou
Davies Delph Sigurdsson
Iwobi Kean Gordon

Gbamin / Delph?

Even with Ancelotti i think over the course of the season we need to;

Protect the goalkeepers who arent reliable
Protect Coleman as Kenny isnt a top player
Wrap the midfield in cotton wool

I think we'll be looking to strengthen those 3 areas over the next 12 months.

Ancelotti will be a miracle worker if he gets us champions league and/or wins us a cup.

A great barometer is going to be the liverpool game. The good thing there is that we have southampton and newcastle as the following 2 fixtures.

Draw or beat liverpool and we should win both those games. If we lose then we could be back on track very quickly.

If things go our way over the next 6 games then we could actually build up a gap between us and 5th place after 10 games.

Ancelotti at this time deserves a medal for bringing back some belief and excitement into our lives.
We have to think/ hope that come Christmas if we are in a real shout or CL football Mosh might get his cheque book out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.