2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest it’s only 4 games in and you would think it’s too early to be thinking of champions league. But then you realise bloody hell it’s not Koeman or Moyes at the helm, it’s possibly the greatest manager of his generation guiding us here.
I’m still struggling to believe it tbh. Keep thinking we’re going to lose. If we beat the RS you can imagine the belief starting to course through the players’ veins. Big if mind lol

...really like his after-match interview with BBC, especially the bit about ‘good players’.

Carlo often stated during last seasons debacle that the club had good players, but needed additions to create balance and a functioning team.

I think we are seeing that now.

The ultimate in pragmatic managers. If something doesn't work, he just finds something that does, then does that.

Instead of this stupid "ideology" nonsense from the failures like Martinez and Silva.

Same with Guardiola - give him a team without hundreds of millions to spend and he'd look stupid, because you can only play his way if you sign the absolute perfect players to do it. But if you don't have those players? Then you don't play that way - simple.

That Tika Taka BS that Martinez tried to impose here, may look beautiful to the purists , but can only work when you have all sublime players , a la Barcelona at that time.
It does not transfer.
If you p**s around playing excessively from the back you lose possession in a dangerous position.'
Much as I hate to admit it , our delightful neighbour's managers has proven that by virtually overcoming midfield.
Horses for courses , perhaps..

He bought 3 players and I can't pick who our best player actually is anymore.
I know James is the one I want to see get the ball most, Allan and Daccour bossing it in midfield is absolutely a joy to watch and totally vital so it should be one of them, but then DCL has scored how many??? Wouldn't have half of them without Richarlison though, and Digne is finding players and space as easily as he wants of late. Used to be everything good down the left, now this team is a joy to watch all over the pitch.
How can one man make such a difference where so many others have tried and failed so badly before?
Club legend after 7 games lol

He bought 3 players and I can't pick who our best player actually is anymore.
I know James is the one I want to see get the ball most, Allan and Daccour bossing it in midfield is absolutely a joy to watch and totally vital so it should be one of them, but then DCL has scored how many??? Wouldn't have half of them without Richarlison though, and Digne is finding players and space as easily as he wants of late. Used to be everything good down the left, now this team is a joy to watch all over the pitch.
How can one man make such a difference where so many others have tried and failed so badly before?
Club legend after 7 games lol
Got the 80's feel doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.