2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to MOTD: "Brighton played well. We played well also. We managed the situation of the game well. We had composure defensively and had opportunities on the counter attack. The performance was complete and this was the reason we deserved to win."

On James Rodriguez: "As I said on the first day, the players with quality have not a problem with that (settling in). The quality is there because football is not so complicated. The pitch is always the same, the opponents are always 11, the ball is the same, the goal doesn't move. Football is simple. It is not complicated."

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin's impressive start to the season: "There is not just one reason. He is confident, we are seeing him improving and he is scoring goals and that is the most important motivation for a striker. This is the moment of Dominic Calvert-Lewin now.

"We are optimistic now for 15 days because there is a break but then we will have a fantastic test, the most difficult test against our neighbours."
Gah I love that quote about football under the James line. Football is a simple game

This is what happens when you give a football professor the money to spend. He buys real quality and you see a massive difference.

Imagine where we'd be now if the half billion spent over the last 3 years was spent by Carlo?
Or, let’s see just how good Don Carlo can get us with the inevitable massive backing he will be afforded. Why do even your positive posts have a negative slant? I don’t believe you aren’t a WUM David.

That’s a marvellous take. As I’ve said football is a simple game that’s been made complicated by stat nerds

The ultimate in pragmatic managers. If something doesn't work, he just finds something that does, then does that.

Instead of this stupid "ideology" nonsense from the failures like Martinez and Silva.

Same with Guardiola - give him a team without hundreds of millions to spend and he'd look stupid, because you can only play his way if you sign the absolute perfect players to do it. But if you don't have those players? Then you don't play that way - simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.