2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There a lot of these "last this happened Everton won the title" stats floating about... Starting to make me feel a bit touchy :eek:

I remember being dead annoyed when Liverpool won their first four games a couple of seasons ago thinking ‘what an amazing start they don’t look like dropping points’. Now that we’ve done it I’m thinking ‘4 games is nothing’. The mindset of an Evertonian.

Well deserved folks!

Ej40z9_X0AIoH6C

Carlo has done amazing work and most of it is because ownership have stepped out of the way which I’m guessing didn’t happen at the other clubs because the owner was bigger than anyone else. Here Carlo has the expertise and Moshiri and old Bill is deferring to Carlo. I think everyone can see what a difference the balance between Allan, Doucoure and James makes.

You would worry about those links, but I would hope that Ancelotti, if he wanted another elite job, might simply have waited for a better offer than Everton, as everyone told us he would do and didn't.

He has taken the job here, and I reasonably expect that he is in it for a few years at least. He has a handsome salary, has been supported in the transfer market, and we have made a fantastic start. Signing James in particular, why would he do that and jump ship mere weeks later.

I'm sick of Utd, I was equivocal towards them when SAF was in charge with the damage they did to the RS, but since then, they think they can pick us off when they like and to add insult, unload their dross on us. They wouldn't let their 3rd choice keeper join us this week. They are just as bad as the rest of them in my book.

I wouldn't worry about the links. United are a basket case now, and any manager knows they will be always in the shadow of SAF until they really do have a huge barren spell.

Carlo can make himself a legend here, with the promise of a new stadium and forward momentum of the club. He has a great side with youth on it's side. We are very close to challenging with this set up. Exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.