2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly likes being in the background, same way Duncan does. Think the long term plan is for Ferguson to take over in several years when Carlo decides to retire, with Davide possibly staying on. Least I hope that's the idea, everybody only has positive things to say about him.

I hope not - would be like Klopp going and the Cult replacing him with Gerrard.

The day Carlo leaves we must appoint a top drawer manager to carry on his work - not go down the sentimental Lampard, Solskjaer road.

Clearly likes being in the background, same way Duncan does. Think the long term plan is for Ferguson to take over in several years when Carlo decides to retire, with Davide possibly staying on. Least I hope that's the idea, everybody only has positive things to say about him.
I mean legitimately have not seen Davide. He was in the forefront a lot earlier. I mean he hasn't even been seen in any scenario lately.

I hope not - would be like Klopp going and the Cult replacing him with Gerrard.

The day Carlo leaves we must appoint a top drawer manager to carry on his work - not go down the sentimental Lampard, Solskjaer road.

Meh it depends on the situation, hiring big name managers isn't always the answer. Duncan did well in his caretaker spell, I think he silenced a lot of the "what does he do?" crowd. When Carlo does eventually retire (hopefully we're many years off that yet) I'd want someone who is best equipped to continue on in the same vein, not a hot-shot who'll be desperate to put his stamp on things.

We'll have to wait and see won't we?

Still irks me the lack of respect shown to us by the media, when we were linked with him. Of course things are going well on the pitch, but he seems so happy at the club and seems to have embraced all the passion of the fans and the history of the club.
I saw something in the one of the national rags this week about the premiership now having the best midfielders in the world now that Thiago is at the RS. To prove their point they highlighted KDB, Pogba and Thiago. The stats for the last 20 odd games or so that they chose to look at, Pogba and Thiago (who has played all of 90 minutes in the PL??) were poor, KDB is obviously fantastic. James' goals/assist stats for the first four games he has played were on a par with the 20 odd from the other two clowns. Half way through the season when James is proper bossing the league, the 'informed writers' will finally acknowledge how good he is before trying to say he needs to move to Utd/City/RS/Chelsea to progress his career.

I saw something in the one of the national rags this week about the premiership now having the best midfielders in the world now that Thiago is at the RS. To prove their point they highlighted KDB, Pogba and Thiago. The stats for the last 20 odd games or so that they chose to look at, Pogba and Thiago (who has played all of 90 minutes in the PL??) were poor, KDB is obviously fantastic. James' goals/assist stats for the first four games he has played were on a par with the 20 odd from the other two clowns. Half way through the season when James is proper bossing the league, the 'informed writers' will finally acknowledge how good he is before trying to say he needs to move to Utd/City/RS/Chelsea to progress his career.
Pogba is one of the most disliked players at united by even united fans. But the media love in with the club, means they have to have him in that list.

Last edited:

Daily mail

I saw the headline...wondered why there was no James and didnt open it.

James can play Thiagos position when hes 33/34

Pogba is a bit of a Gomes, 1 great game then loads of nothing

KDB and James is the only real comparison...

Daily mail

I saw the headline...wondered why there was no James and didnt open it.

James can play Thiagos position when hes 33/34

Pogba is a bit of a Gomes, 1 great game then loads of nothing

KDB and James is the only real comparison...
I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading it. It was fluffing guff, an opportunity created to chat about a couple of media favourites and missing the elephant in the room.

I agree that JR is the only real comparison to KDB, at the moment I think I'd rather have KDB but I expect that opinion to change when I've seen a whole season of JR for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.