2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on pundits years ago. When I watch on TV I extremely rarely watch it prior to the match, do something at HT and turn it off immediately after. I know what I see from our team (I watch them every bloody week) and I don't need anyone else telling me what is going on and with such a lack of knowledge of our players too. There has been such a negative vibe around us with pundits for years though. Hopefully with Cahill, Osman and others coming in there is a chance that will change.
We also have to take into account we haven't been a major force for years, I had a Southampton fan (about 40) I work with saying I don't get it with Everton fans you expect trophies etc and you never do anything - you're just a mid-table club. I just said that shows a severe lack of your football knowledge then. I tried not to bite too much.
To be honest I don't really care what anyone else thinks anymore, a lot of people just regurgitate what people like Souness say!!!!! All I know is I'm enjoying watching us far more than I have done for years, I love the positivity around the club and there seems to be a togetherness between fans, players and the board etc not seen for a long while. Long may it continue!
Wow that turned into a rant!
I never listen to any of the pundits either. The vast majority are clueless and talk absolute wham. I never watch Match of the Day on live TV for that reason. I always watch the recording on Sunday morning, so I can fast forward all the punditry and all the post-match interviews, too, apart from Everton's. I can then just watch the footy and not have to listen to bellends like Danny Murphy.

I never listen to any of the pundits either. The vast majority are clueless and talk absolute wham. I never watch Match of the Day on live TV for that reason. I always watch the recording on Sunday morning, so I can fast forward all the punditry and all the post-match interviews, too, apart from Everton's. I can then just watch the footy and not have to listen to bellends like Danny Murphy.
The problem with pundits is they completely insult the intelligence of the fan base like what our eyes tell us is wrong. They have the hindsight of games and slow mo replays and still can't get anything right.

Another day another "Everton just might be the real deal" video. We're in everyones heads at the moment. Come on Carlo win us the league!

This season will be exciting but I’m looking forward to future seasons as well, imagine Ancelotti with this team (and some more signings) in the europa league, we’d make the latter stages with ease most seasons. Imagine if he took us into the top 4, I’d back him to get us out of most of those CL groups also. Exciting times ahead, he is showing that there is just no substitute for a world class manager. There are not many about and we have one of the best. Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Klopp, Zidane, Ancelotti. He’s in that very top tier and right now you’d arguably not swap him for any on that list and theyre the best managers in the world. We cannot do better than him.

The only limit to what Carlo can achieve here is the money the board are prepared to spend.

imagine he had us in the CL though. We could inflict serious damage in whichever of the top 6 didn’t make it in. Ancelotti and James Rodriguez with CL football or Solskjaer and United in the europa? We’d be a massively different proposition. He could change the future of the whole club if he is backed, stays long enough, and we get the bit of luck that has eluded us for over 20 years.

imagine he had us in the CL though. We could inflict serious damage in whichever of the top 6 didn’t make it in. Ancelotti and James Rodriguez with CL football or Solskjaer and United in the europa? We’d be a massively different proposition. He could change the future of the whole club if he is backed, stays long enough, and we get the bit of luck that has eluded us for over 20 years.

Eventually, the match going fans will have a part to play. When the inevitable poor performances / losses occur over the next couple of years, they'll need to show patience and understanding. This (I believe) would play some small part in keeping Carlo at the helm. At his age and with his wealth, he doesn't need nonsense!

The clinching factor though is obviously the financing of the squad. James, DCL and Richy need deals at the end of this season which make predators gulp! I believe he then (with Marcel) needs to upgrade in four positions: GK, RB, Gomez and spare forward.

Pickford may up his game which would allow extra for the rest.

As you say, CL is a real possibility. When people on here were rightly moaning about some of the performances after the restart, he was dropping less than subtle hints about his aims. I suspect he wants to build a title winning side. Taking us from tinpot wannabes to champions would be the cherry on top of the cake for a man who has done it all.

There's nothing in any rule book which says we must know our place. With unfailing support from the match goers and good financing, we'll be seeing the greatest come back since Lazarus! In my opinion.

A win on Saturday and everyone will know we're back. Belief in our team will explode. UTFT.

Im gonna predict his injury updates will be as follows:

Mina / Digne - 50/50 depends how they react tomorrow/Sat morning in training

Allan / Gomes - Ready

Coleman - 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.