2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be going all out to sign Pope from Burnley. Would be a massive upgrade on Pickford, who I think is the worst starting keeper in the league and has been for a while. Also Pope should be more attainable than the likes of Oblak. Not sure what Burnley's financial status is at the moment, but I remember there were rumblings of discontent a few months ago from Dyche about player contracts not getting renewed.

This without a doubt.

Rumour has it Carlo dined with the new players last night and gave them an introduction to the squad and what's expected.

Good job the midfield is currently full of invisible people, he skipped that part pretty fast just told them they would take those positions

Imagine that, sitting around a massive table.

Papa Carlo: Everyone this is Allan, James Rodriquez, Abdoulaye Doucouré.

Everyone: * waves *

Papa Carlo: This is Jordan our current goalkeeper * whispers * not for much longer I hope. Seamus, Mason, Micheal, Lucas, Yerry, Jarrad, Neils, Jonjoe who are our defenders.

* they wave *

Papa Carlo: Here is our midfield, Andre and Anthony.

* cricket sound *

Papa Carlo: Last but not least these guys are our attackers, Moise, Dominic and Richy.

* big waves *

James: Boss, what is that table in the corner?

Allan: Yeah are they supposed to be joining us?

Papa Carlo: NO! You ignore them! They are not to be spoken of!

Dave...how would you feel about a fit Hector Bellerin with Colman as back up, or does Colman have another season as number one right back? Just heard in conversation that Bellerin would not get into Artetas best eleven.

Carlo has gave them a briefing tonight, I can only imagine what hes said, he and they have some job on their hands to turn this ship around.

Also name me one better thing to happen to this club than Carlo Ancelotti in my lifetime.

Born 1991.
4 years old when FA Cup won, so doesn't count.

I'll wait.

Also name me one better thing to happen to this club than Carlo Ancelotti in my lifetime.

Born 1991.
4 years old when FA Cup won, so doesn't count.

I'll wait.
Andrei Kanchelskis is about the only other thing that counts but you were still learning to read back then so that won't count either.

The most embarrassing thing is if we get relegated with Ancelotti at the helm. The first step is premiership survival. Let's not get too carried away with grand design thinking when we're just points above the relegation zone.
i hope he will be good here but seems unlikely for me. i dont get carried away i am a realistic person sorry for that
Absolutely agree with you. Moshiri is a football nut, passionate about football, but doesn't understand the game like many of the forum members here. Will it be a case of buying big names without any idea of any coherent game plan with the assumption that Ancelotti can make it work?
The thing with Ancelloti is who he can attract, and let's hope he can attract players who can actually u know... play.
Did anyone else notice that he mentioned several times words to the effect of:

'working with Marcel to identify the best players'
'it is the job of the Director of Football to get the best team'

Seems like he'll be taking less of a front role on player acquisition, which was what many of us speculated anyway but still interesting.
All he have is a CV hes been a poor manager sincr bayern munih its a bad choice for us and you will see this in future. max 1 year later i will tell you i was right and you will agree with me

Status
Not open for further replies.