2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be fun to see the team and how Carlo wants them to play in...late October? I can't figure out when everything should be good to go, the late start is throwing everything off.

Fully agree. He’s had a free ride since he’s got here as had no competition between the sticks. If we go into the season with pickford and lossl it will be a travesty.
I also agree that Pickford has had a long easy ride of it since arriving here. But who can we get in that will challenge him? I honestly don't know how the financials around any deals would effect this. I wouldn't be surprised if getting rid of Pickford was the key to spending on a decent keeper - and I wouldn't be overly upset by that if the new keeper was better than Pickford.

Assuming we’ve spent the majority of our budget on the three incomings, it’s a huge call by Carlo (and Brands) to throw everything at the midfield.

Some would’ve liked a new centre back or goalkeeper, some wanted a striker.

He’s been here for almost 9 months but it probably took him a day to know what to do.

Let’s hope it pays off.

Assuming we’ve spent the majority of our budget on the three incomings, it’s a huge call by Carlo (and Brands) to throw everything at the midfield.

He’s been here for almost 9 months but it probably took him a day to know what to do.

Let’s hope it pays off.

Hopefully if some of the dead wood is sold, it`ll go towards the other areas that need strengthening.

Lets face it, we`ve still got a lot of crap on the books.

I also agree that Pickford has had a long easy ride of it since arriving here. But who can we get in that will challenge him? I honestly don't know how the financials around any deals would effect this. I wouldn't be surprised if getting rid of Pickford was the key to spending on a decent keeper - and I wouldn't be overly upset by that if the new keeper was better than Pickford.
Literally have no clue. I see everyone saying Romero but he’s played a handful of games in years so he could also be garbage. He’s never had pressure on him as when he played he was always going to be back out the team next game anyway.

I’d rather that Martinez at Arsenal than Romero.

Let’s hope it pays off.
Aye. But it is just his first transfer window with us too, and no-one expected a quick turnaround to be fair with what he inherited. I think it actually makes sense to focus on a key area that clearly needed a big sort out. An effective midfield improves us defensively and in attack. I still hope for more quality incomings but am very happy with this business. Holgate made huge improvements last season and with a consistent partner in either Keane or Mina, Digne and a useful RB the defence is looking okay for now. We can start looking at a new GK, a top quality CB and a prolific striker in the next window if suitable players aren't available on loan or with what's left of our budget this window. Next priority is getting deadwood off the wage bill

We should be going all out to sign Pope from Burnley. Would be a massive upgrade on Pickford, who I think is the worst starting keeper in the league and has been for a while. Also Pope should be more attainable than the likes of Oblak. Not sure what Burnley's financial status is at the moment, but I remember there were rumblings of discontent a few months ago from Dyche about player contracts not getting renewed.

We should be going all out to sign Pope from Burnley. Would be a massive upgrade on Pickford, who I think is the worst starting keeper in the league and has been for a while. Also Pope should be more attainable than the likes of Oblak. Not sure what Burnley's financial status is at the moment, but I remember there were rumblings of discontent a few months ago from Dyche about player contracts not getting renewed.

Do you not think if Pope was attainable this summer the likes of Chelsea would be all over him?

Status
Not open for further replies.