2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are paying a premium for a successful, experienced ‘superstar’ manager.
If we are not in a better position in 12 months time, he will start to get the bums rush like anyone else.
To think otherwise is sycophantic nonsense.

Will always find a buyer mate depends what you're willing to accept.

Think Schneiderlin and Niasse contracts expire at the end of the season (or Morgan goes into his final year or so.

Coleman would find a Sheffield Utd type club

Keane would get many suitors being an "england international" - a Aston Villa or Crystal Palace type club if I had to guess.

The likes of Tosun and Gylfi need peddling for pennies if necessary - just get the wages off the books.

Tosun and Sigurdsson will be the hardest to get rid of.

The most embarrassing thing is if we get relegated with Ancelotti at the helm. The first step is premiership survival. Let's not get too carried away with grand design thinking when we're just points above the relegation zone.

I expect nothing but midtable this season.

Next season with 2 windows under his belt, and hopefully getting many of the Koeman-Brands tat out, I'd expect at least an assault on the top 6 if not quite managing it.

Season 3, with 4 windows behind him and a couple of seasons to get his formation settled and tactics across, I'd expect top 6.

As long as this feller is allowed to get on with his job he'll get us into Europe in three seasons (maximum).

Next season with 2 windows under his belt, and hopefully getting many of the Koeman-Brands tat out, I'd expect at least an assault on the top 6 if not quite managing it.

Season 3, with 4 windows behind him and a couple of seasons to get his formation settled and tactics across, I'd expect top 6.

As long as this feller is allowed to get on with his job he'll get us into Europe in three seasons (maximum).

Not often I find my self agree with you fella

We are paying a premium for a successful, experienced ‘superstar’ manager.
If we are not in a better position in 12 months time, he will start to get the bums rush like anyone else.
To think otherwise is sycophantic nonsense.

I would say we will have to pull out all the stops to be any worse in 12 months time as at least we dont now have silva. We are at least 9 or 10 points short right now because of him. I am personaly not expecting that much. It all depends on ancelotti's pulling power. We have never had a manager who could pull in players like he can. Still tough job this.
Interesting year coming up thats for sure.

Not often I find my self agree with you fella

Ancelotti should have everyone on the same page: if he's backed with cash and unhindered by the usual BS that goes on at this club, there's no way he doesn't get us back in contention for Europe.

If we fail to give him that he'll be shot down by the usual suspects at the club.

Sky have Ancelotti and Everton to win the Prem in2020/2021 season at 201.00. Worth a pound of any mans money. They'll only let me have 23p lol. They only want punters them bookies.

I think that timeline sounds about right.

I don't think it's realistic (or fair) to expect to qualify for the Europa League via the league this season or next. Of course, he could win the FA Cup this year and jump us a few steps ahead of schedule.

If the funds are there then you'd expect we'll have a good go at finishing 6th next year. Depending on how many of the current crop we've managed to shift out and the quality of players he's brought in, then that may or may not be realistic. It's probably more likely, as you say, that we'll just miss out. But we should have more than enough to finish 7th, which will also likely secure us Europa League Football for the 2021/22 season.

If he manages that sooner (or over-achieves in other ways) then he'll just be re-affirming what an incredible manager he is. But I think it's fair that we hold him to the same standards we would've expected of any manager that came in after Silva.

Ancelotti should have everyone on the same page: if he's backed with cash and unhindered by the usual BS that goes on at this club, there's no way he doesn't get us back in contention for Europe.

If we fail to give him that he'll be shot down by the usual suspects at the club.

Dave every manager has been financially backed since Moshiri took over, trouble was Koeman bought so much crap, it's taken us an age to get rid of and are still trying.
If Ancelotti has been promised a war chest I'm sure he'll get it, just need to attract them that's all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.