2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's an exaggerating a little, a shed load ? I would class Gomes, Bernard, Digne, Sidibe and Richarlison as decent signings. While the likes of Mina, Kean, Iwobi and Gbamin, have I think a lot more to give or show. They are all a marked improvement on most of the crap Koeman bought. We add three more class players through our spine, centre half, bin Keane, centre mid and a main striker, get a bit of luck with injuries, been horrendous really this season and in my opinion we could challenge top six easily.

We've had injuries mate, there's no doubt about that, but for me those players have been pretty poor even when in a fully fit squad. Digne and Richarlison absolutely will stick around but i'd wager Gomes, Bernard, Sidibe, Mina and Iwobi won't be in Ancelotti's first choice team and he'll move them all on as soon as he's able to. Gbamin is a bit of an unknown so could go either way and Kean, who knows. He's been pretty poor thus far, but under Papa Carlo, he might just find a system that suits him. Time will tell.

See no reason whatsoever why we cant qualify for Europa next season personally.

7th is a walk in the park for any manager worth their salt.

Like you said, it depends on the level of spend and the quality that we bring in, every chance that Leicester have made it a top 7 after this season too.

You'd hope Ancelotti + a spending spree might fast-track us to their level but I don't see it being that simple. They've been a number of years in the making and Rodgers came in to a well established, young side with plenty of quality. He only really added one 1st teamer. Ancelotti is not walking into that.

For us to finish above any of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs or Leicester in Ancelotti's 1st full season would be an incredible achievement, I don't think it's a realistic one though.

I expect the two domestic cups will play a big part in his time here.

The mistakes of previous windows are laid bare for all to see, Ancelotti won't have to be told about them.

The scattergun approach has to stop.

If we are limited to two signings per window and players that will prove to be value for money and can make a quick impact, then that is infinitely better than bringing in five or six players and still leaving gaps.

Quality over quantity has to be the standard from now on and one that is rigidly adhered to.

If this means we take another season or two to get where we want to be, no complaints here. Ancelotti has 4 1/2 years to work his spell. Let him do it methodically and with that quiet ruthlessness he will bring.

Absolutely agree with you. Moshiri is a football nut, passionate about football, but doesn't understand the game like many of the forum members here. Will it be a case of buying big names without any idea of any coherent game plan with the assumption that Ancelotti can make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.