2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
bro he was sacked by napoli in a very short time, im not saying we should sack him but i am saying we should treat him like a new manager appointed to everton atm we treating him like hes god of football
Napoli is an extremely turbulent place to play let alone manage. Loads of in-fighting, super crazy fans sheesh!

Ancelotti talking about his style of management.

“Learning about the players’ character is the most important part of my job – you need to have different relationships, considering the character of the people”

“I want to have an open relationship with the players, I don’t want to be above them or below them."

“You have to be yourself when you manage a team. I am not a dictator, I am not a surgeon."

“I like to have a good relationship with my players and for them to be professional. I can control the players at the training ground but not in their private lives – and I don’t want to."

“They have to be professional because they have a responsibility to show their best to all the people who support them with a lot of passion."

“Now I have 25 players and most of them want to play in the games. You have to manage this because you need to keep the players motivated."

“The players who are not going to play influence the intensity of the training, they have to be motivated all the time if they don’t play. I understand that sometimes I have to be patient with them."

“Sometimes at past clubs their behaviour was not so good, not so professional, but I have to understand the fact that if the player does not play it is frustrating for him. I have to pay attention to this.”

"I remember that I liked to joke with Ronaldo. I once told him that he was on the bench for a big game. I said: “Our game is at 4pm, but you will rest tomorrow.” He looked at me in complete shock. Then I told him I was only joking."

Is it true you are a massive Star Trek fan and have a part in the new film?

Yes. I have a little cameo in the new film. I play a doctor; I don’t have a speaking part – I am just in the background. I was living in Vancouver and that’s where they were filming it. I have a good friendship with the actress Zoe Saldana: she is married to an Italian guy, and she’s in the film. Zoe jokingly said I could have a part and she asked the director – then one day I was on set. Oh, I am a terrible actor. I loved Star Trek as a child, so it is wonderful to be in the film now.

You’re known as a calm character. Do you ever lose your temper? What happened when you lost your temper the most?

It was when I was at PSG in 2013. We went out of the Coupe de France on penalties against Evian, and we had played really, really badly. I was very angry – so much so that I broke a door. I also kicked a box and it landed on Ibrahimovic’s head. He didn’t react. If I ever lose my temper, I need to leave the dressing room and sometimes go and have a quick cigarette and then I’m fine again, although I am trying to give them up.

So when Carlo said that all the media and Sky had the names incorrect of players we are interested in, he said it with such composure and authority.

Was it because he knew we were going with what we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.