2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
we cant ignore any goal. newcastle scored 2 goals in the last minute keep in my mind that fact

clearly we can’t , which is why I said I wish we could . That means it can’t be ignored even though I wish it could .

The team performed for the majority of that game better than they have , both individually and collectively. I’m not the dismissing the result which was a massive kick in the balls but I’m trying to be dispassionate and accept the manager seemed to be improving the players he has at his disposal on that performance at least .

Only a few days before the Newcastle game we we're absolutely gash against West Ham mate.

I’m not arguing with that , I thought we stank out the place first half . I just didn’t think it was controversial to say for the vast majority of the game against Newcastle we performed significantly better than we have recently .

Obviously we all view it through the prism of the points we’ve thrown away in those mad 40 seconds but if we hadn’t I think we’d all be a lot happier discussing the performance. Then again I accept the uncle had no , he’d be my auntie adage .

Maybe the league is on a down turn this year with the likes of Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and to a lesser extent us (again) and Spurs all undergoing transitional periods. We will be able to see how much of a down turn when Champions League kicks in again soon. However, you cannot deny what City have done over the previous two seasons (arguably illegally) and what the RS have done over the last two is nothing bit extraordinary. The latter have won 94 out of the last 96 pts in the league ffs.........a league dont forget that last season set a record for filling all four final spots in Europe.
We have been in a transitional period since Moyes left. Ancelotti had a great squad at chelsea

I’m not arguing with that , I thought we stank out the place first half . I just didn’t think it was controversial to say for the vast majority of the game against Newcastle we performed significantly better than we have recently .

We were very good against Newcastle mate, it's hard to gauge though how much of us being good wasn't down to Newcastle being the worst team I've seen at Goodison this season, they literally didn't turn up. (apart from injury time)

We were very good against Newcastle mate, it's hard to gauge though how much of us being good wasn't down to Newcastle being the worst team I've seen at Goodison this season, they literally didn't turn up. (apart from injury time)
Id disagree slightly Lou I thought we were competent against them,there wasn't really anything outstanding,if it had finished 2-0 then it would have been job done,I agree they were diabolical

i’ll accept that but i think you can say that of a few teams this year including say Brighton and we didn't see too much from our lot . The league is absolutely stinking this year and that’s one of the most maddening parts about this car crash of a season .

I was just thinking that an established captain of a team, professional, or someone who has proven himself to be a leader is likely to cost a lot more, but then Siggy, international captain, could have been...I just wonder how they assess if they are buying leaders or not in their transfer strategy?
You do a bnit more due dilligence on them than Brands apparently does, is the simple answer.

Look at Moyes: cant remember too many flakey players he brought in other than the obvious AVM, Beattie and Drenthe. He scouted his targets for a long time.

You do a bnit more due dilligence on them than Brands apparently does, is the simple answer.

Look at Moyes: cant remember too many flakey players he brought in other than the obvious AVM, Beattie and Drenthe. He scouted his targets for a long time.
So how come anytime we ever played a half decent team both he and the players would fold quicker than a piece of paper because they were so in awe of the 'big boys'

So how come anytime we ever played a half decent team both he and the players would fold quicker than a piece of paper because they were so in awe of the 'big boys'
Because Moyes' was at fault on most occassions telling them they had to sit back. We could beat elite teams when those players were told to go for it, and we did on a regular basis at home.

Erm....McFadden, Simon Davies, kroldrup, Bill, Jermaine Beckford, gueye, bellies, the list goes on

Erm....McFadden, Simon Davies, kroldrup, Bill, Jermaine Beckford, gueye, bellies, the list goes on

He did get it right with a lot more though. Cahill, Fellaini Arteta, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Pienaar, Martyn, Howard, Distin. These core players who you can build your team around are what desperately is missing from us right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.