2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes over a mess of a team, half-fit, in dreadful form halfway through the season.

On one hand, what a terrible way to be introduced.

On the other hand, what a fantastic opportunity for Carlo to learn about the current squad up until summer.

Some results/performances will have already made up his mind no doubt, but he'll have a better view come the summer transfer window.

Your hero worship status of him is beyond strange.

Iwobi, Delph, Sidibe and Lossl have all been average to poor signings and have definitely not improved the squad. It’s obviously too early to judge him on Gbamin. Richarlison is the only real success and he was 100% a Marco Silva signing.

Mate.
The 4 you have named have literally been here 5 minutes.
Delph has been injured but was bought for a giveaway fee (salary will be correspondingly large)
Sidibe is on loan , and not been bought.
Iwobi , jury is out on (so am I ) but at least give him a chance, as Ancelotti has only been here a month.
How much did Lossl cost ?
His previous signings have been fine.
Who expects 100% success in incoming transfers ?.
You tell me a great manager / coach , or a DoF who can boast that ?.

Takes over a mess of a team, half-fit, in dreadful form halfway through the season.

On one hand, what a terrible way to be introduced.

On the other hand, what a fantastic opportunity for Carlo to learn about the current squad up until summer.

Some results/performances will have already made up his mind no doubt, but he'll have a better view come the summer transfer window.

People shouldn’t forget how terrible this squad is. It’s a squad that can easily display relegation form at any given moment, it’s capable of losing every single game quite easily. The fact that Europe is still even being mentioned this season is due to the few bits of actual football Ancelotti has coaxed out of these frauds.

Hopefully most will be gone over the next few windows. You wouldn’t find any takers in the premier league for Coleman Keane Baines Schneiderlin Siggurdson Walcott. They’re not good enough and the sooner they’re out the better.

Mate.
Delph has been injured but was bought for a giveaway fee (salary will be correspondingly large)
Iwobi , jury is out on (so am I ) but at least give him a chance, as Ancelotti has only been here a month.
To add to that, Ancelotti is already getting more out of players. Kean looks rejuvenated, DCL is much improved.
So some of the others will likely improve as well under a good manager.

People shouldn’t forget how terrible this squad is. It’s a squad that can easily display relegation form at any given moment, it’s capable of losing every single game quite easily. The fact that Europe is still even being mentioned this season is due to the few bits of actual football Ancelotti has coaxed out of these frauds.

Hopefully most will be gone over the next few windows. You wouldn’t find any takers in the premier league for Coleman Keane Baines Schneiderlin Siggurdson Walcott. They’re not good enough and the sooner they’re out the better.

I think one or two desperate clubs may be stupid enough to be interested in that lot . Unfortunately though , not at anywhere near the salaries that they are being paid here, or at anywhere near the prices paid.
Add to that Martina , Sandro and Niasse , and we are truly shafted.
I think Besic may have a few suitors though.
What truly terrible buying we have witnessed,

I dont see what fee has to do with leadership.

I was just thinking that an established captain of a team, professional, or someone who has proven himself to be a leader is likely to cost a lot more, but then Siggy, international captain, could have been...I just wonder how they assess if they are buying leaders or not in their transfer strategy?

To add to that, Ancelotti is already getting more out of players. Kean looks rejuvenated, DCL is much improved.
So some of the others will likely improve as well under a good manager.

I said this in another thread , ignoring the last minute against Newcastle which I wish we could , I thought almost every player looked 10% or more better . They all looked to
Have improved , that’s credit to the manager and let’s hope it continues .

I said this in another thread , ignoring the last minute against Newcastle which I wish we could , I thought almost every player looked 10% or more better . They all looked to
Have improved , that’s credit to the manager and let’s hope it continues .
we cant ignore any goal. newcastle scored 2 goals in the last minute keep in my mind that fact

Mate.

I wouldn't say £8.5m is a 'giveaway' fee for a 30 yo player with a long injury record, and on £80/90k a week mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.