2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what? He’s needed proper competition here for a while and he isn’t getting it. It was Brands job to find it and he has failed in that, too.

He’s stealing a living at this club.
Very few teams have 2 good keepers on the books. Always a number 1 and a backup who comes in when the number 1 isn't available or for cups. City have Bravo - Average.
Liverpool have Adrian - Average
Chelsea have Cabellero - Crap
United have Grant - Crap
Spurs have Gazzaniga - Crap
Arsenal have Martinez - Crap
Leicester have Ward - Crap

Again you're moaning about something that nobody else has. What goalkeeper is going to come here to "challenge" for the number 1 spot.

Very few teams have 2 good keepers on the books. Always a number 1 and a backup who comes in when the number 1 isn't available or for cups. City have Bravo - Average.
United have Grant - Crap

Again you're moaning about something that nobody else has. What goalkeeper is going to come here to "challenge" for the number 1 spot.

I can't think of a team in the last 10 years who had 2 equally good goalies scrapping it out for playing time...

United have Grant - Crap

Moaning about everything is what he does mate.

His peak moaning time does appear to be first thing in the morning though.

United have Grant - Crap

Man U have Romero - best number 2 in the league.

Chelsea have two good keepers.

The RS have two good keepers.

spurs have two good keepers.

your argument is flawed.

Ancelotti talking about his style of management.

“Learning about the players’ character is the most important part of my job – you need to have different relationships, considering the character of the people”

“I want to have an open relationship with the players, I don’t want to be above them or below them."

“You have to be yourself when you manage a team. I am not a dictator, I am not a surgeon."

“I like to have a good relationship with my players and for them to be professional. I can control the players at the training ground but not in their private lives – and I don’t want to."

“They have to be professional because they have a responsibility to show their best to all the people who support them with a lot of passion."

“Now I have 25 players and most of them want to play in the games. You have to manage this because you need to keep the players motivated."

“The players who are not going to play influence the intensity of the training, they have to be motivated all the time if they don’t play. I understand that sometimes I have to be patient with them."

“Sometimes at past clubs their behaviour was not so good, not so professional, but I have to understand the fact that if the player does not play it is frustrating for him. I have to pay attention to this.”
Anyone who wants to understand his personality, management style , values , approach etc should read his excellent book Quiet Leadership. It will give you an insight into what he will bring to the Everton table and how he will go about the job.
Just finished it . It is a super read with some tremendous anecdotes from and about Carlo.

Man U have Romero - best number 2 in the league.

Chelsea have two good keepers.

The RS have two good keepers.

spurs have two good keepers.

your argument is flawed.
Sorry I forgot about Romero who is also average. Cabellero is not a good keeper he's crap. Gazziniga is crap and Adrian is a decent shot stopper nothing more. Would you want Everton to sign any of these backup keepers to be our number one? My argument is valid.

Remember a few years back when Mourinhio went back to Chelsea they had both Cech and Courtois competing for the number 1 spot....

Competition for Pickford is a must.

Ryan and Pope both viable options.

United have Grant Romeo Crap

I'd snap your hands off for Gazzaniga or Romero to be our 'back up' keeper

Great argument that mate well done. Would you be happy with any of those keepers being our number one? Do you think any of those players put any pressure on their respective teams number one keeper?
It isn’t about being the number one, it’s about putting pressure on the number one so they don’t have a free ride, which Pickford currently has.

Brands is failing in the job, our league position and performances over the past two seasons is clear for all to see.

I'd snap your hands off for Gazzaniga or Romero to be our 'back up' keeper
Already said I missed Romero who is still average. None of those players listed put any pressure on their respective number 1s. They are there to make up the numbers and maybe play 5-10 games a season

It isn’t about being the number one, it’s about putting pressure on the number one so they don’t have a free ride, which Pickford currently has.

Brands is failing in the job, our league position and performances over the past two seasons is clear for all to see.
And you think any other those players put any pressure on their respective Number 1s? Not a chance on earth do any of the Number 1s think they will be dropped at any point for their backups because they know they are nowhere near their level

United have Grant - Crap

Adrian maybe aveeage but in the games he's played he's been as good as any goalie in the league

Adrian maybe aveeage but in the games he's played he's been as good as any goalie in the league
Wouldn't go that far. He was dodgy in his first couple of games he had to play and also messed up massively against Southampton I think it was but he was playing in a team that won those games so it isn't highlighted as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.