Can we win the league in the next 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll still buy a lottery ticket for the next ten years
Positivity is better than negativity.
If he said we'd win eff all in the next ten years he'd get slaughtered and forced out the door.

Leicester have shown that it is possible to win the league without having huge amounts of cash and without following Sky's agenda, but in hindsight it's a blip.

You can see how much the likes of that shower across the park, Arsenal and Spurs have spent in recent years - Spurs less so with regards to net spend.

Add to that, when you consider the quality they've had and it's still evaded them, then it is difficult to believe it's realistic. But, ultimately, yes it is possible.

We would need to have a really good manager, inform players (with quality so a fair wedge of cash) and momentum to achieve it, yet it has be our target.

If I'm entirely honest however, I think we need to first set the target of achieving regular Champions League football and some silverware to rid our back luck.

Blackburn and Leicester. Can fluke it once every 20 years.

We're a money sink, the second Moshiri goes "nah" we'll be in the same position Sunderland found themselves in.

He might well go at some point. But we won't do a Sunderland. We've never been a yo yo club at any stage in history. They've always been a yo yo club.

I'm a pessimist myself, but that's a completely unrealistic viewpoint.

No, not at all. Nor will we finish in the top four.

Probably won't even have a new stadium either.

yes, because anything can happen in such a long time. For all we know in 6 or 7 years time city, united, chelsea, arsenal, rs and spurs could have all run off into a european league and left us to compete with leicester and wolves for titles. I'm sure all leicester fans would have agreed they'd never have come close to winning the PL.

To do it I also reckon we will need a strong manager in the mould of Jim McLean or Brian Clough - ridiculously hard taskmasters who are not afraid to make enemies and who are happy to ship out any player who does not give 100%

Won't got to a euro super League, it's not feasible at all

Even if they did, winning a league were our closest competitors were wolves and West Ham would be a total waste of time. Everton ladies would be more worthy of our time (no disrespect) if a European super league ever came to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.