Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this in the Guardian's match report; "Eddie Howe’s side have earned 20 points from losing positions in 2018", which I suppose is some comfort. Didn't do it against the RS though, did they!!

Gutted, however if Marco is as astute as I think (or hope he is) then lessons learned should stand us in good stead moving forwards.

Get well soon to Keane, horrible to watch something like that.

Penalty changed everything if we kept the 0-2 a bit more, we could have won this match even 0-3 resulting from counter attacks. after their failed attempts. i am really in ruins about this today, will last for a while

Probert is the worst ref i have seen for a long long time not just today but he's always consistently bad.
If Baines nudge was a pen why wasnt the wrestle on Calvert Lewin ?
Richarlison was never a red , not sure theirs was either.
I hope him not stopping the game immediately doesnt have serious consequences for Michael Keanes injury , players & staff where screaming at him as soon as it happened.
The very worst of a current bad bunch of Premier Lge refferee's.

Poor poor game management. At 2 up we got caught on the country attack with Keane stepping up and Holgate in no man's land. When things like that happen we are asking for trouble and unfortunately we got caught after it, stupid from Baines and the set piece goal again.

Awful result

Haven't seen any of it, but it's better than last year, which was a loss. If we equate Wolves with Swansea last year, that was 1-1. So overall better than last year, with new signings to come, better style.

Not bad. More concerned with the red card and injury.

like none of u would rather have had the 3 points rather than being without keane for a year
So let's get this straight, you want one of our players to be seriously injured and miss 1 year. Put the shovel down and stop digging the almighty hole you have got yourself into.

Sorry for snapping.

He hasn't been a 'liability for years', though.

Do I think he should be starting every game? No, not at all. And the manager agrees.

But, Digne will need time.

Baines made a mistake today. He won't be playing on Wednesday and he may not play next Saturday either. If he doesn't he can have no complaints. Equally so, if he stays in the side I won't be massively concerned, yet. Because as I've said, Digne will need a bit of time.

No, offence taken at all mate. One of them days.

I agree that Digne will need time.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on Baines, I think he has been on the decline for a good couple of years. Again though this is only my opinion. I do think that defence needs a shake up however.

First thing you’re told as a player is too stay away from anything like that. You just get in the way and prevent important work.
I don't mean holding his hand. Even as he was Bembridge wheeled off there was nobody. Terrible to see and pretty indicative of where we are as a club.

That felt like a loss today

I'm hoping this poor defending is a case of personnel rather than tactics and preparation

5 goals conceded in 3 games is troubling to say the least

Hopefully silva isn't another Martinez when it comes to the defensive end of things

I'd of happily taken a point going into that. Yes not winning after being 2-0 up is bitterly disappointing but I'm not to downbeat considering how long we had to play with ten men.

What puzzles me is why is anyone would be surprised that we haven't become amazing overnight?! Did you all think Silva was gonna wave a magic wand and we'd be boss?! We've been garbage for the last four years, it's going to take a good long while to fix this mess. People saying "oh seventh is the best we can hope for this season", well were did you think we were finish FFS?!

This is a work in progress and yes, we're going to see slip ups and some blunders along the way, so if you can't cope with reailty of things as they are, then my advice would be to take a step back from the club for a bit because things aren't going to just get better overnight and you'll only do your own head in along with everyone else.

Last edited:
No, offence taken at all mate. One of them days.

I agree that Digne will need time.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on Baines, I think he has been on the decline for a good couple of years. Again though this is only my opinion. I do think that defence needs a shake up however.

I think he has been on the decline, definitely. Just don't think he is a liability as such. Coleman had a far worse game today against Fraser, for example!

Status
Not open for further replies.