Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I suppose it’s all about progression and whether we are moving in the right direction. Disappointing given we were 2-0 up, it’s professionalsm that sees you home in such situations, there were enough players on the pitch to see it out.

Thanks to my son, we won £160 on the game but both of us would’ve preferred the win.

I’m his worst critic but I hope Keane is healthy and well.

The transitional season is underway, so super optimism and super pessimism after 3 games is I suppose premature. It's hard to say this when the game is on but when calmness prevails all will be well, whatever that may mean.

Felt like a losing draw today, compared to the winning draw against Wolves.

However, points from away games against 2 teams looking pretty handy, after first half red cards in both games.... feels a lot better than anything last season.

Na..... it gets found out very easily....Liverpool lost games by using it.
Wolves v City today ....watch Laportes goal.
Does not not work.

..but neither does man-to-man in the modern game. Players inevitably get blocked off and leave attackers free. There’s no ideal. As i’ve said, it’s not zonal marking that’s a problem, it’s players failing to zonal mark.

Really poor from Baines to give that penalty away.
We do seem fragile when the opposition bombard us though.
Full on panic stations where everyone seems to freeze.
2 points thrown away unfortunately.

That felt like a loss today

I'm hoping this poor defending is a case of personnel rather than tactics and preparation

5 goals conceded in 3 games is troubling to say the least

Hopefully silva isn't another Martinez when it comes to the defensive end of things
I can't imagine he's spending a lot of time practicing with us down a man. I'd wait to see what it's like with the three new defenders settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.