Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible that we lost the 2 up lead. And not great that we had to put in massive efforts just to draw with Bournemouth and wolves who are the 'smaller/weaker' prem teams.

Cant agree Eggs players are almost static in a zonal system , any player having a run on them like Laporte today has too big an advantage.
As I said its cost Liverpool in many games.

Aside from that I was always brought up with your full backs on the posts , if we had that today Ake doesnt score.
Really suicide defending.

..I don’t disagree, and it’s a really good point about getting a run on the ball but if you defend a zone it doesn’t mean you need to plant yourself in the middle of it.

I too prefer man-to-man, but tactics are so clever these days that inevitably players are blocked off. It’s like American Football. Two full backs on the post is old school, it takes two defenders out but it gives insurance. There was a transition to one on the post.

As you indicate, tactics can become too complex, too clever. If referees do their job, then man to man is fine.

..I don’t disagree, and it’s a really good point about getting a run on the ball but if you defend a zone it doesn’t mean you need to plant yourself in the middle of it.

I too prefer man-to-man, but tactics are so clever these days that inevitably players are blocked off. It’s like American Football. Two full backs on the post is old school, it takes two defenders out but it gives insurance. There was a transition to one on the post.

As you indicate, tactics can become too complex, too clever. If referees do their job, then man to man is fine.
I think part of the problem is that you can't touch an attacker without a penalty being given away. Therefore it makes more sense to attack an area, as you can watch and attack the ball if it's in your area and not get involved in stopping a player, which ends up with shirt holding etc.

All the Sky pundits went 2-2.
Loads on here went 2-2.

If we weren't 2-0 up, we would all be made up with a point after going down to 10 in the first half.
I did a bet on 2-2 on my footy bet thought this was going to be are hardest game of the season so far.
On reflection thought it was about the right result, both are fullbacks were poor today other than that most of the others played well, we need to sort the marking out on corners and free kicks it a weakness that will get exploited over the season unless we wise up to it.
Playing better than last year .

We desperately missed Richarlison when he went off, just as any team would miss their best player.

That's 4 points we've lost due to poor refereeing decisions.

As an aside, I was really impressed with how the Bournemouth fans got behind their team, even when we were two goals ahead. They were like the proverbial 12th man.

I think what really annoyed me today was when Keane went down, other than Gana (who was invovled in the incident) not one of the others seemed to go over and see how he was, Davies was standing there doing keepy ups. It showed a real lack of support and team cohesion, not even Baines as the captain went over, thought it was really poor myself.

Terrible that we lost the 2 up lead. And not great that we had to put in massive efforts just to draw with Bournemouth and wolves who are the 'smaller/weaker' prem teams.

City drew with Wolves today and B'mouth have won more points from losing positions than any other team over the last year.

I think what really annoyed me today was when Keane went down, other than Gana (who was invovled in the incident) not one of the others seemed to go over and see how he was, Davies was standing there doing keepy ups. It showed a real lack of support and team cohesion, not even Baines as the captain went over, thought it was really poor myself.

Mate, he was on the deck with a nasty injury. He has seven or eight medical staff around him. Give them space to do their work ffs

I think part of the problem is that you can't touch an attacker without a penalty being given away. Therefore it makes more sense to attack an area, as you can watch and attack the ball if it's in your area and not get involved in stopping a player, which ends up with shirt holding etc.
this zonal marking is it each player has a box size area to defend and only looks after that box area I don't know if that's what it is .if so what if say for example 3players go in your box area can other players leave there area what do mangers who play this system want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.