Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
That felt like a loss today

I'm hoping this poor defending is a case of personnel rather than tactics and perpetration

5 goals conceded in 3 games is troubling to say the least

Hopefully silva isn't another Martinez when it comes to the defensive end of things

Silva's strengths aren't defensively, that's for sure.

But... better players will help. Have to say, though, Keane looked good today. Hope he's okay.

That felt like a loss today

I'm hoping this poor defending is a case of personnel rather than tactics and preparation

5 goals conceded in 3 games is troubling to say the least

Hopefully silva isn't another Martinez when it comes to the defensive end of things
Tactics mate.
Stop this zonal marking it does not work....and get some bloody full backs on the posts.
Cost us a goal last week and cost us all three points today.

Not a terrible result but should've been better. Team looks much better going forward but still have holes in defense. Great to see 2 goals after going down a man. Would've been beat by 3 goals to nil last yr had we gone a man down at half. Seeing improvement but still need improvements as well. Must be able to hold on to leads better. Once new signings are match fit we should hopefully see the defense be fixed a bit. Stupid by Richarlison. Yea its a soft "head butt" but he shouldn't put himself in that spot to begin with. Hope Keane is ok. Been playing pretty well so far so hope the lad is back soon. Overall its been a positive start to the season. No losses and scoring goals better. If we can sure up the defense and keep the goals coming we'll be fine. Get the points from the upcoming home games and we'll be off and running.

Shafted by a useless ref again as that was never a penalty however you could accept it if the Tosun one gets given for an identical foul minutes later, i cant wait for Wednesdays game when VAR is in place.

Tactics mate.
Stop this zonal marking it does not work....and get some bloody full backs on the posts.
Cost us a goal last week and cost us all three points today.
Lot's of teams use zonal marking, we just need players who can put it into operation. Hopefully Digne and Mina will be used to that system.

If that game doesn't say 'transitional period' I dont know what does.

Plenty of the new. Some slick passing in the early stages and plenty of resilience when down to 10.

Also a lot of the old. Too much panicking and sloppiness in defence.

I am concerned with this zonal marking malarkey as well.

But we have to be level headed in all this.
We expected ups and a lot of downs and there will be plenty more of this before the seasons end.

Still gonna take a fair while to exorcise the whiff of the last 2 managers I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.