Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I just wished we didn't concede for like 10 minutes after we scored our 2nd goal. But of course, in eight min we conceded. Terrible move from Baines there.

Second away match in a row, we lead and can't protect it till passing 80th minute mark, which is psychogically important. If you keep leading after 82-83' players will have that last hurrah in themselves. We have to be clever when leading, we cant throw away points as cheap as like this.

First half Coleman was appalling, but that was topped off by Baines sheer lack of fitness and ability in the second half. He cost us there, along with that pathetic excuse for a referee. Still looks like we've no leadership on the field. Keane is lying dead on the pitch and the players are doing keepie uppies in the middle of the field and nobody even near him for support.

Huge, huge concern that we cannot hold onto leads. That's four leads already we've let slip. Simply unacceptable, that's ridiculous that.

Keane was good for me today, as we're Walcott, Gueye and Tosun. The rest were utterly useless, Pickford aside who had a more than steady game.
Siggy was probably our best player today...

Not impressed with Silva’s lack of use of the bench there... i love silva but waiting until the 80th minute i have never understood...

Baines was struggling before he conceded the penno so digne should have been in there

Davies was awful and cost us possession so man times with his absolute dire decision making for example the ball he played to gana whilst gana was surrounded by the press.... he should have been replaced by either Digne or Calvert Lewin and dropping Siggy next to Gana....

The backline had dropped bollocks and needed refreshing, Keane although scoring was getting owned by King and Wilson either him or holgate off for Zouma after the penno

Bernard was given no time to make an impact

Very very dissapointing, now we have lost Richarlison for 3 games and at best Keane has a concussion which will rule him out too i really hope thats all it is

This and Wolves were our chance to put ourselves in a tremendous position to start the season. No surprise that the two Moyes era fossils were the ones to give the games away. No qualms with either player- they just shouldn't be starting.
Spot on. I think Silva hasn't wanted to rock the boat too much and will probably secretly be happy that the decision to oust both Baines and Jagielka has pretty much been made for him. Digne and Holgate next game as I assume Keane has probably broken his neck as we're Everton and these things happen to us.

My excitement for the season has just been dampened by showing we are still Everton.
We're a very different beast. Sam would've got a point out of that with a 0-0 draw and no shots on target. We're nowhere near the finished article but I know which I'd rather be watching

Happens all the time?? It's Silva's third league game with us. Bournemouth never admitting defeat after being behind is what happens all the time. Fair play to them, they are a very decent team at home.
I am not talking about Silva. We have a shocking mentality as a team and just fold all the time. Bournemouth should be no way getting anything from that game with only 15 minutes to play. Was shocking game management.

Davies was terrible, had no effect on both attack and defence. Siggy had to cover too much for him, essentially degrading our counter attacks. Need Gomes coming in as soon as possible with Digne. Baines really screwed all the effort in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.