Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right.

Well yeah, that makes more sense. We did leave it late, and I'd have liked Baines subbed off at around after he gave the pen anyway.

Thing with this whole match is we'd have taken a draw when Richarlison went off anyway... Everton, that.

Everton that, indeed, my friend. I’m sure there will be positives to take away, once we’ve all crawled out of the all-too-familiar pit of despair we’re in. In the meantime I’m on the beer.

People crying about our mentality with us losing a 2-0 lead, whilst forgetting that we had 10 men from the first half, when it was 0-0. A weak side would have dropped their heads after the sending off and capitulated, we didn’t. Bournemouth has won their first 2 and so were confident, so no surprise they came back and had a real go at 0-2 as they had nothing to lose.

Genuinely didn't think I'd see the day, but Baines is actually slower than Ashley Williams walking backwards. Embarrassing, he needs taking out for his own good.

Yeah, after today's game, I am more than sure that Everton is the English team I must support as a Besiktas fan. Referees support the rival, red cards are given easily, you cannot watch the game without getting worried till the last whistle, your team lose points/games stupidly. In other words, Everton cancer exists as Besiktas cancer exists. I won't miss a game of Everton from now on.

By the way, I don't think the worst British ref would miss this penalty:

The Turkish one did.

The absolute best and worst of Everton perfectly summed up in one half of a football match.....

At minute 70 we were second in the league... now as it turns out we could be in the bottom half by the end of tomorrow.

Yet another draw that feels like a defeat. I totally accept that we're a work in progress, but unless Silva sorts us out at the back then he'll be another manager doomed to fail here.

Digne should have been on at ~60 mins for Baines.
Surely Silva could see how many chances were created down the left?

2 points dropped and in some fashion. Baines been a great servant but needs to be backup from now on. He can still play wonderfully especially attacking but it's the fact that he can have moments like today where he can cost us the game which is Digne needs to start.

Coleman had a shocker too. Also I shudder to think that the likes of Mo Basic couldn't get in this squad but Tom Davies plays every week and starts today. I know he's just a kid but Basic is twice the player and both make stupid mistakes.

The sooner Gomes and Schneiderlin regain theirfitness to sort out the midfield the better. Gana can't do everything by himself. If neither are fit for the next match I'd drop Gylfi deeper and throw Bernard in 10.

People crying about our mentality with us losing a 2-0 lead, whilst forgetting that we had 10 men from the first half, when it was 0-0. A weak side would have dropped their heads after the sending off and capitulated, we didn’t. Bournemouth has won their first 2 and so were confident, so no surprise they came back and had a real go at 0-2 as they had nothing to lose.

We were in control until a mistake from Baines.

Still had chances to win it and should have had a pen from what I saw, but I'll need to check again later.

Richarlison a huge miss now.

Lookman will have to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.