Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody on Soccer Saturday predicted 2-2. I predicted 2-2 on Super Six. However I don't think I saw us chucking a 2-0 lead away. However in context I suppose we should be satisfied with a point, and try and learn some lessons, same as the Wolves game. We are a work in progress after all.

Some lads defended Baines inclusion as he wasn't bad against Wolves, then we win last week.
But he is steady at best.
End it Marco.
We love Baines, but his time has gone and do NOT bring Jags back in when the ban is over.

Yes, but Digne had a knock last week and isn't ready to just be thrown in to a totally different league just yet, clearly.

Would normally be content with a point away to Bournemouth but i am left feeling disappointed with this one after squandering away a 2 goal lead. A first half riddled with awful passing and a silly red card and then a 2nd half getting in front with a 2 goal lead, the referee balancing out the game with a red to them and giving away a stupid penalty by an unnecessary charge by one of our most experienced players which ultimately played a part in squandering away a 2 goal lead and drawing.

Disappointing even though we got a point. Should have been 3 with being 2 goals up with 25 minutes to go.

Everton that.

Still unbeaten though. And we drew away at wolves with 10 men. City have justbdrawn with them. Beat saints. And drew with Bournemouth away with ten men when they have won their first two. It’s good work and been exciting. Especially as most of our signings haven’t integrated yet. Take the positives

Ha ha - couldn’t think who Adam Smith was for a bit there!

How long do you think it’ll be before the apology, suspect it’s more likely he’ll dig a deeper hole for himself first!

Spot on. I think Silva hasn't wanted to rock the boat too much and will probably secretly be happy that the decision to oust both Baines and Jagielka has pretty much been made for him. Digne and Holgate next game as I assume Keane has probably broken his neck as we're Everton and these things happen to us.
If Keane went unconscious as Gana hit him, he very well could have snapped his neck as he came down. He wouldn't have been able to brace for the fall.

I am not talking about Silva. We have a shocking mentality as a team and just fold all the time. Bournemouth should be no way getting anything from that game with only 15 minutes to play. Was shocking game management.

Can easily turn that around and say many Everton teams of recent times would not have had the adventure to go 2-0 up away from home after a red card.

on call this weekend so missed everything being down in the bloody cop shop!
how did it go?
Looking like a point at Wolves and Bournemouth will be a decent result this season?
To be honest at the season start I would have expected and accepted a point in both. But we've gone down to 10 in both, and lost leads in both. Some great positives and a lot of negatives. It's basically Martinez.

Some lads defended Baines inclusion as he wasn't bad against Wolves, then we win last week.
But he is steady at best.
End it Marco.
We love Baines, but his time has gone and do NOT bring Jags back in when the ban is over.
I thought he was poor defensively the first two games but got away with it. That chance in the first half is down to Baines being to slow. He'll be good cover but it's time for Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.