Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
This and Wolves were our chance to put ourselves in a tremendous position to start the season. No surprise that the two Moyes era fossils were the ones to give the games away. No qualms with either player- they just shouldn't be starting.

Spot on there mate.

I don't blame Silva, it's more a manifestation of problems that run deep, but it's a disappointing result on his watch so he has to take what he can from it. Poor game management today it has to be said with away wins like gold dust for us.

Most particularly Digne has to start. Coleman is so sure of a start that it can't be good for him, on top of his long lay-off.

Davies not good enough to start, hasn't shown anything for a long time.

We draw too many games and away wins are a collector's item.

The sooner the new lads are ready, the better.

Still an ok start all told, but a bit of a wake up call today.

Brands has given Silva all he needs to sweep away the old guard and yet they are still playing and costing us games...

I thought he was poor defensively the first two games but got away with it. That chance in the first half is down to Baines being to slow. He'll be good cover but it's time for Digne

He had a few lads typing his merits after the Wolves game! But last season showed he was passed his best.
He and Jags will always have the odd good day, but so what.
They are squad players at best. ;)

They might be poor but we can't loan everybody out. Apart from Sandro we have got rid of the worst players, and we probably will not see Jags again. How big is the squad now anyway?

Not at all sure yet how I feel about this.

I would have taken a point before the game but to be 0-2 up with 25 mins to go and draw 2-2 is disappointing.

I obviously hope Keane isn't too badly injured. Scored a good header but I do fault him slightly for the pen. The foul came from Baines but Keane seemed to get caught under the ball again.

Nice to see us still attacking and looking to win when playing 10v11 but the composure just wasn't quite there this week and it looked like we were trying to do the right things but they just weren't happening for us.

Last year we would have lost that game so I suppose it is progress of sorts but I thought the performance was very average and that we should have closed the game out when 0-2 up.

Overall - still very much a work in progress and the sooner we can get the new guys bedded in and playing, the better.

Should have won it at the end there with Siggy. Still, a draw away from home isn't bad even though it was somewhat self-inflicted with the pen.

Still unbeaten, work in progress, on to the next one.

If Keane went unconscious as Gana hit him, he very well could have snapped his neck as he came down. He wouldn't have been able to brace for the fall.

It's actually the case that relaxed muscles result in fewer injuries - case in point being plenty of scientific research showing that drunks suffer less serious injuries. It was the head collision that concerns me the most, looked horribly like Ryan Mason's career ending skull fracture, similar movement of the head. Awful.

He had a few lads typing his merits after the Wolves game! But last season showed he was passed his best.
He and Jags will always have the odd good day, but so what.
They are squad players at best. ;)
People haven't really been critical of our backline so far which I guess is down to results but they haven't been good and Baines for me is the top of the list. Very slow to get out and block crosses and poor covering the back post. Ok he has been decent going forward but not in a way that Digne can't be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.