Big spending Everton,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle Uzzy likes this..
1599466349367.png

Couldnt care less what they call us and hope we carry on spending .
Simply because one day it will click and hopefully thats not too far away.

Every club goes through a phase of poor recruitment ( City , Utd , Liverpool , Chelsea,Spurs & Arsenal included )
Once it starts to click the spending is eased and more focused.

I would be more worried if we didnt spend tbh.

Quit whining. We should be a lot less sensitive about what anyone says. "What the **** do we care?"

It's when no one is talking about you that you need to worry.
Exactly....why worry about what some 2 bit crap journalists say..they make up stuff anyway.

The truth in this is somewhere in the middle. Lots of sides have spent similar to us and not been given as a hard time. Brighton and West Ham for example. Also pretty sure Fulham spent around 100m the season they came up (and went down).

Regardless, we have still spent money on some god awful players so I can also see some of the media's criticism.

What does get me rattled is the agenda that we shouldn't try to buy good players or improve. Jonathan Wilson's article over the weekend was a good example of this. He basically said accept we are a stepping stone and produce players for the big boys.

Also, we seem to be getting a lot of flack for spending 20m on 29 year old Hamaz Rodriguez but Newcastle spending 20m on 28 year old Callum Wilson is seen as shrewd?

Big 6 is such a useless term, it was never used until RS and Man U started finishing outside top 4 in early 2010s

Our reputation as a big spending club recruiting poor players with a poor return is well founded. There is no escaping from it. If rich men want to gamble and lose loads of money on football clubs that is their problem. As said before it is better to be a spender than a broke club.

Everyone and his granny could see Everton had no midfield last season. Everyone knows that Carlo does as a manager. What surprises me is that journalists are surprised when we buy midfielders of the sort Carlo usually buys.
If only they would sit down and think about what it is they write instead of trying to drum up some sort of controversy they may not be despised to the degree they are.
On the issue of journalist, Klopp handled his press conference with aplomb, I advise everyone to watch it.

Yeah okay, Glyfi was worth every penny of that £45m, Mina has demonstrated his £30m price tag to be a steal, Walcott & Iwobi have been the definition of shrewd buys. Klaasens £25m price was sheer daylight robbery, Tosun's goal return has been well worth what we paid for him.

We've spent silly money on poor players for years. Pretending otherwise is nonsense.
£175mill down the plug hole just there

Status
Not open for further replies.