Big spending Everton,

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you spend a 100 quid on a tee shirt you don't deserve a birthday present.
If we did not outsource our means of production to countries who administrate slave wages and created our own manufacturing base you'd be buying a t-shirt for £100!

I'm talking decent wages, a decent pension, the lease of the factory, cost of equipment etc....

But your daily life is not subject to a profit and loss account like businesses are.
If Everton spend 100 million and the next day get in 70 million the net spend will be 30 million.

Bad analogy.

If you spend 10k on a car and then sell your old one for 7k how out of pocket are you (ignoring fuel economy, road tax, insurance, decrease in maintenance)

Think we’re going to have to spend a hell of a lot more to improve this team. Obviously these new players might get the most out of these average ones we have.

Anyone else getting fed up with this media agenda where Everton are concerned? Every article about us is big spenders this, free spending that when others spend way more and nothing is said? But whether it is Sky or the written press every journo refers to us as big spenders it drives me crazy. Our wage bill is well below the "top six" (Leicester not included in this) our transfer record is well below the others too but this is never mentioned, nor is the years and years of no investment for the 20 years previous to Moshiri.

Aye lots of mentions about Gifly Walcott Tosun Bolise, very little about Braithwaite, Lewin, Holgate, Davies, Kenny Niels let alone Richarlson, and England internationals Pickford and Keane. Or Vlasic and Lookuseless.

There was an opinion article in Guardian which seems to be go to source that is being regurgitated by the football prawn and avocado eating luvvies...

Fact is 3 northern clubs matter, them over the park, the Manc clubs clubs and then its the Landan contingent... Of course up to any other club to break the mold, being a success in Europe seems to be the measure.

Bottom line is the cost of the squad vs others. That means net spend doesnt matter and is purely a cash flow issue.

If we had a team consisting of 25m Pound players each the line up of the side would have a cost of 275.. not the net spend. So to compare clubs playing squads on the pitch side by side one really has to ignore net spend. That is a true reflection of its value.

Anyone else getting fed up with this media agenda where Everton are concerned? Every article about us is big spenders this, free spending that when others spend way more and nothing is said? But whether it is Sky or the written press every journo refers to us as big spenders it drives me crazy. Our wage bill is well below the "top six" (Leicester not included in this) our transfer record is well below the others too but this is never mentioned, nor is the years and years of no investment for the 20 years previous to Moshiri.
We had it in the early 1960's called the Mersey millionaires when new Chairman Sir John Moore's came in & gave us interest free loans by the way he was on LFC board, but they were a mere old 2nd Division side then when he first seen the potential of our team & fan base -
He was ruthless sacked a Manager in the back of a Taxi as he was in his opinion too nice yet that team finished 4th - he had given funds even then - fetched a new manager who signed even more stars blended with youth players later on -
1963 - Champions teams like Spurs plus Wolves etc resented the fact we had bought success-
1966 FA Cup winners
1969/70 Champions again in style using at least 5 youth players amongst bargain buys & two massive signings in Ball & Kendall ......
Different era no agents our manager had deals signed in half a day - Alex Scott was on the train going to sign for Spurs - the Catt just met the train half way and improved the offer, and convinced him Everton was a better move than Spurs - yes in those days we were ruthless in bookkeeping & signing top available players -
We have spent over the last three seasons a hell of a lot - & look where we are plus all the managers we have had - stability & the correct players are the key to success, Leicester proved it can be done in this era once - there is no reason why we should emulate them under our new Manager he has the pedegree.......

It is infuriating.. The SKY six are never called 'big spending'

Of course they are and for example, Chelsea yet again this window.

Also the myth that all the top 6 spend big. Well Spurs certainly don't.
I haven't checked but I would guess that In the last 5 years, even though they have much less income, Everton have spent more on new players than Spurs and Everton also have a bigger net spend on players than Spurs.
Everton will also probably spend more again this window.

Of course they are and for example, Chelsea yet again this window.

Also the myth that all the top 6 spend big. Well Spurs certainly don't.
I haven't checked but I would guess that In the last 5 years, even though they have much less income, Everton have spent more on new players than Spurs and Everton also have a bigger net spend on players than Spurs.
Everton will also probably spend more again this window.

Ooooh sorry we’re not all run by shrewd bald men.

Status
Not open for further replies.