Big spending Everton,

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not though is it? At one point recently our squad cost more than Bayern Munich’s ffs. I don’t get people on here, they moan about us wasting loads of money but get a sad on the second someone in the media dares to say as such.

Wrong. The bayern team cost less....but it also cost less than half of the prems starting 11’s.

But your daily life is not subject to a profit and loss account like businesses are.
If Everton spend 100 million and the next day get in 70 million the net spend will be 30 million.

I am well aware of what net spend means I am simply saying the media are right to judge us when we spend vast sums & wages on tosh regardless of what comes back in. Nothing to do with business simply what we see on the park and the league table.

If it was just the media saying we spend money badly that would be one thing (and it would be accurate). Sadly they have always had an issue with us trying to be ambitious e.g Martin Samuel accusing us of cheating for using the loan system in 13/14 (he said we shouldn’t be allowed to loan players too good for us who we could never buy - we then bought all three). Then there were those complaining about the Richarlison purchase. Now we have the same here.

But your daily life is not subject to a profit and loss account like businesses are.
If Everton spend 100 million and the next day get in 70 million the net spend will be 30 million.
However if you sanctioned spending 20m on a project that didn't work out it would still be seen in a negative light, especially if you could have got the same results with a lesser spend or not spending at all.

It’s not though is it? At one point recently our squad cost more than Bayern Munich’s ffs. I don’t get people on here, they moan about us wasting loads of money but get a sad on the second someone in the media dares to say as such.

he’s not talking about us wasting money, he’s talking about the media, other clubs, fans, etc ex players, who seem to hate the fact we have money and we are spending it to try and get succesful

yes, you said bayern sqaud, i was just pointing out it was the starting 11, from the final....

but bayern had £200 worth of players not playing.
I wasn’t talking about the team in the final hence why I said “at one point recently”.

If people can’t see that we have indeed spent big money on players since Moshiri came in then I really don’t know what to say.

If it was just the media saying we spend money badly that would be one thing (and it would be accurate). Sadly they have always had an issue with us trying to be ambitious e.g Martin Samuel accusing us of cheating for using the loan system in 13/14 (he said we shouldn’t be allowed to loan players too good for us who we could never buy - we then bought all three). Then there were those complaining about the Richarlison purchase. Now we have the same here.
My god that's shocking . Is Martin Samuel still a thing ? He's one to know about robbing a living .

he’s not talking about us wasting money, he’s talking about the media, other clubs, fans, etc ex players, who seem to hate the fact we have money and we are spending it to try and get succesful
Who cares? They all hated City and Chelsea to begin with then when they started winning stuff they changed their tune. Same will happen with us.

I wasn’t talking about the team in the final hence why I said “at one point recently”.

If people can’t see that we have indeed spent big money on players since Moshiri came in then I really don’t know what to say.

you have missed the point.
its about the media and other not liking us spend and try to be ambitious.

other teams are spending similar

Didn’t we laugh at the RS for being net spend fc ? For working out that Carroll was actually a free because they sold Torres for whatever amount ? If you’re spending money you’re spending money , Clearly it’s better for the clubs long term future and all that FFP stuff if you’re raising money from sales but It seems to me spending money is spending money whatever it’s origins .

you have missed the point.
its about the media and other not liking us spend and try to be ambitious.

other teams are spending similar
I guess I’ve got more important things going on in my life to care about a media I don’t believe a word of anyway saying hurty things about the football club I support then

Status
Not open for further replies.