Best Everton player you have watched in you lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to answer this differently by naming best players I’ve seen in an Everton shirt in every position (including two subs) in a 4-4-2 formation, and it easy.

The entire starting 11 of the 1984-85 title winning team - but with Adrian Heath instead of Andy Gray. My two subs would be Kanchelskis and Beardsley.

Just to lighten the mood given all the negativity. I was born in the early 80’s so too young to have clear memories of the great sides sadly. However, the best player I can remember well was Peter Beardsley. What a magical player he was. So sad we had to sell him when we did at the age of 30 when he went on to have 3 to 4 great seasons at Newcastle after (it was actually heartbreaking to watch the below video of his time at the barcodes) Outside of Rooney who was too raw when he was with us at the beginning and whose legs had gone by the time we got him back we have not had anybody close to this level of natural talent at the club since. Would be interested to hear from others

Big Nev for me… epic epic epic goalkeeper the likes of which we would be lucky to have again.

Status
Not open for further replies.