Best Everton player you have watched in you lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyboy316

Player Valuation: £35m
Just to lighten the mood given all the negativity. I was born in the early 80’s so too young to have clear memories of the great sides sadly. However, the best player I can remember well was Peter Beardsley. What a magical player he was. So sad we had to sell him when we did at the age of 30 when he went on to have 3 to 4 great seasons at Newcastle after (it was actually heartbreaking to watch the below video of his time at the barcodes) Outside of Rooney who was too raw when he was with us at the beginning and whose legs had gone by the time we got him back we have not had anybody close to this level of natural talent at the club since. Would be interested to hear from others

Easy, the great Neville Southall. Privileged to have seen him in his absolute prime.

Outfield player, probably Andrei Kanchelskis, the last truly world class player we've had for me. Gary Lineker has to up there too, there's no doubt he became a world class goalscorer whilst with us. Shame both of these has such short careers here as both could've ended up true Everton greats.

Obviously Nev for me. But outfield - best for creativity Steven or Sheedy is a hard choice. For BEING the midfield it would have to be Reid.
Kanchekskis also good. Nothing really since him has come close apart from a flash of Rooney.

Controversial but Rooney Mk1 for me.
09E0D823-862A-4F47-8E5D-4567D6365E29.jpeg

Closely followed by:
9B011866-F3ED-443F-A212-F0DD9BDA7516.jpeg

Started going the match properly and being able to follow the game rather than just eating crisps and looking at the floodlights and scoreboard in about 94, missed enjoying Beardsley properly.

Easily Big Nev.

Breaking it down for outfield, absolutely agree Kancho was the most exciting, he was absolutely unplayable that one season.

Unfortunately Gazza was just about finished when we had him but I still couldn't keep my eyes off him, everything slowed down and he always had time on the ball. The best example ive ever seen was when Ruud Gullit first came to Chelsea, I don't think he broke a sweat or lost the ball the entire game.

Most skilful? Limpar was amazing, even if he was complete rubbish for the whole match he would still do one thing that was extraordinary and worth watching. Fernandes was great but too brief.

Best player for the impact on the club, Super kev. He picked us up off the floor and got us safe and loves the club too.

Status
Not open for further replies.