Best Everton player you have watched in you lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well past when he played for us but Eto is probably the best player to wear an Everton shirt in the last 20 years.

Player who had their best form in an EFC shirt Lukaku or Baines.

Well past when he played for us but Eto is probably the best player to wear an Everton shirt in the last 20 years.

Player who had their best form in an EFC shirt Lukaku or Baines.
If we’re playing that game then Rooney, Gazza, James and Ginola were all world beaters when they didn’t play for us too

Interesting one yesterday, I was listening to an old podcast with Pat Nevin yesterday and he was asked who was the best player he's been on the field with.

"I get asked this a lot, and my mind wanders all over the place but I always go back to one player: Norman Whiteside. We were teammates for two years and I never saw him give the ball away, in a match or training."

Whiteside was filed in my "Forgot he played for us" drawer.

Not sure about best alround player...probably Kanchelskis

But i will die on the hill, the best finisher i have seen for the toffs was Yakubu

Colin Harvey, the most underrated player we've had in the last 70 years
He is...but looking back at the literature at the time- Harvey was definitely regarded as Everton's 2nd best player (after Ball) when we were top of the league in the late 60s/early 70s (and after Young had left)- some rival managers even thought he was Everton's best player (like Don Revie & Joe Mercer). The "Kendall is the best uncapped player" title, only became his after Colin was capped by England. My uncle left me loads of football books from the time- in one of them (from 1971) Malcolm Allison and Derek Dougan pick their Best 11- Harvey is the "only" Everton player picked, so it goes to show how rated he was back then.

Interesting one yesterday, I was listening to an old podcast with Pat Nevin yesterday and he was asked who was the best player he's been on the field with.

"I get asked this a lot, and my mind wanders all over the place but I always go back to one player: Norman Whiteside. We were teammates for two years and I never saw him give the ball away, in a match or training."

Whiteside was filed in my "Forgot he played for us" drawer.
We had a pretty good side in 89/90, somehow managed to finish 6th, after looking a lock for 3rd with a few games left.

Status
Not open for further replies.