Best Everton player you have watched in you lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that clown from Blackburn who, I recall, only had the shirt on his back for something like 14 (?) minutes before getting sent off against the RS.

But to answer the question I would also say Ball and Southall (although the whole 1984 - 87 squad(s) were exceptional and played with a never say die spirit and attitude, something sadly missing for too many of the years ever since.
I actually miss graverson playing for Everton, you don't get players like that anymore

Just to lighten the mood given all the negativity. I was born in the early 80’s so too young to have clear memories of the great sides sadly. However, the best player I can remember well was Peter Beardsley. What a magical player he was. So sad we had to sell him when we did at the age of 30 when he went on to have 3 to 4 great seasons at Newcastle after (it was actually heartbreaking to watch the below video of his time at the barcodes) Outside of Rooney who was too raw when he was with us at the beginning and whose legs had gone by the time we got him back we have not had anybody close to this level of natural talent at the club since. Would be interested to hear from others

Born in 1981 I am in the same boat as you, only players you can mention in the same breath are southall and kanchelskis.. southall wins as I honestly believe that I will never see another player play for us that is better in their position as nev was as a GK.

He wasn’t even in his prime and he was amazing , heartbroken when he retired and when Beardsley left.

Loads and loads of great players to choose from in my 60 years as a blue, but, only one of them was Alan Ball. If you were around to see him play I don't have to tell you how good he was. If he was before your time, I would never be able to explain to you just how good he was.

Comparing him to a player either in style or talent. Can you pick one from the last 20 years to give me an idea of how good ball was?

Was he zidane good?
Rinaldo? Good etc

But the most talented player i have ever seen in a blue shirt is Anders limpar. Quickest feet i have seen. Weighted every pass to perfection. The elland road semi final has to be one of the best individual performances ive seen from an Everton player.
Reminded me of the Kanchelskis Derby.

Watching Limpar waltz away from a gaggle of gargoyles before playing in Kanchelskis perfectly for the 2nd, you'd be hard pressed to name a better Everton assist.

This thread is very nostalgic for me as i reminisce about the greatcplayers I have watched play for us.
It got me thinking. When was the last time.we had actually great player?

Alan Ball btw.
But fond memories of being entranced by Alex Young

Kanchelskis by a country mile

I was around for the 80s whilst they were an amazing team of exceptional players Who come close Southall for his sheer consistency.........BUT

Not one of them had the ability to raise a stadium off its feet in anticipation of him just getting the ball that was Andrei he raised goodison to its feet before he even had the ball You felt the electricity never again have I felt that

Comparing him to a player either in style or talent. Can you pick one from the last 20 years to give me an idea of how good ball was?

Was he zidane good?
Rinaldo? Good etc
He was one of the very best. He certainly would have been similarly regarded in his day. He was man of the match, even though Hurst scored a hat trick, in the world cup final, he was just 20 years old then. He was a tough human dynamo of a midfielder who managed to get around 20 goals a season. Great vision, good passer of the ball and above all, he was a 100% winner

Status
Not open for further replies.