Best Everton player you have watched in you lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say it's fair to compare as positions are different. So gone for goal keeper, defender, midfielder and striker. Sorry gone for the 80's team mostly.

Goal: Southall
Defence: Gone for Jags, just because he was solid for his entire time here and had a goal in him.
Ratcliffe relied on his pace, once it went his time was up.

Midfielder: Gone for Gazza. But only here a short time at the end of his career. Sheedy, if choosing through played lots of matches.
Striker: Lineker. Sharp was my hero and favourite.

Best goals to minute ratio in prem history. Scored a goal every 2 minutes for his entire 2 min prem career
That would be a great stat ;) . . . BUT unfortunately it's incorrect.
His only goal came in a 3-1 FA Cup win v Swansea.
His only league appearance was as an injury time sub at Hull City on the last day of the season.

Kevin Sheedy, Paul Bracewell (pre injuries), Trevor Steven and Neville Southall....honorably shout out to Derek Mountfield too .... more recently, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Jags and Baines

Kanchelskis by a country mile

I was around for the 80s whilst they were an amazing team of exceptional players Who come close Southall for his sheer consistency.........BUT

Not one of them had the ability to raise a stadium off its feet in anticipation of him just getting the ball that was Andrei he raised goodison to its feet before he even had the ball You felt the electricity never again have I felt that

Kanchelskis was dynamite. But I think you just need to look at some of the mid 80's games to realise how the moving parts of fine players in a great team
raised a stadium to its feet. Like Everton v Sunderland in 1985.

That would be a great stat ;) . . . BUT unfortunately it's incorrect.
His only goal came in a 3-1 FA Cup win v Swansea.
His only league appearance was as an injury time sub at Hull City on the last day of the season.

Seem to remeber him scoring on his debut against qpr and getting injured in the process and never heard of again

Reactions: kev

Seem to remeber him scoring on his debut against qpr and getting injured in the process and never heard of again
The 'stat' was such a good one that I had to google it. lol This is from Wiki -

After joining Monaco, West Ham United battled it out with other clubs to sign Traoré.[30] Instead, Traoré joined Everton on loan on 24 January 2014 until the end of the 2013–14 Premier League season[31] after his work permit was granted[32] and given the number 28 shirt.[33] He scored his first Everton goal on his debut on 16 February, the opener in a 3–1 FA Cup win over Swansea City.[34] Traoré injured his hamstring in the warm-up for the game against Chelsea on 22 February 2014,[35] and was ruled out until the final game of the season where he made his only league appearance as an injury time substitute against Hull City.[36]

Think that the best goal scorer I saw at Everton was Bob Latchford. Probably not the best player technically. But he sure knew how to finish. He knew were the onion bag was. And I’m also going to give an honourable mention to his team mates who made everything possible for Latchford to score. Thomas…..King…..Dobson……Telfer……And the wonderful McKenzie.
Think that the best player I’ve seen play for Everton has to be Wayne Rooney. Honourable mention to all the mid 1980s team. And also a mention for Tim Cahill.
Best player that I’ve ever seen . For N.Ireland…. George Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.