BBC Breakfast - EFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats that red doing on here. Nasty piece of work

giphy.gif

1/ it does exceptionally good work and deserves to be commended in its own right
2/ it really isn't Everton FC - its a separate entity
3/ the biggest error it ever made was throwing in with the Tory school academy idea (though I accept this was the moron Elstone's hobby-horse and that he placed pressure on this closely aligned organisation to take it up)
4/ maybe a bit cynically I tend to think there's an inverse relationship between EFC's failure to progress on and off the pitch and the push to gain publicity for EitC - the club basically has a parasitic relationship with the latter, shamefully

Give it a rest for once.

It is EVERTON in the Community.

By your logic, Everton Ladies isn't part of Everton either.

All parts of the Everton community should be celebrated, especially the part that actively gives back to people's lives outside of what is just a game of football.

Legally separate entities. They are not one and the same. As said, there is a convenient and parastical relationship there for EFC. Yes, they lend their name and occasionally resources to EitC but they are not the same. It's the difference between, say, the London Marathon and an associating official charity.
Dave - I think you need to improve on the information that you have regarding EitC before posting. Everton FC and EitC are intrinsically linked by the support that EFC provides to EitC. The funding the club invests in the EitC programme enables them to then multiply that investment through the range of impressive programmes that they deliver, winning national and international recognition. For every £1 invested by the club they probably multiply that 3 or 4 times both in terms of cash invested in EitC by other organisations and the social value for the people of Merseyside. Without the club's core support this would be much more difficult. That is not to say it would not exist but the model would likely change affecting reach and scope. I work in the same sector and have visited Everton to see the work that they do. The staff made it very clear that Bill Kenwright and now Farhad Moshiri understand what they do and invest heavily in the scheme. Not all clubs do it as well as Everton, including our 'friends' across the park and some of the other wealthy football clubs. Football clubs can make a huge difference to their community and the Board at Everton have embraced that for many years. The trophy drought may go on but there is no way that anybody should be questioning the commitment of the current (and previous) Board members to Everton in the Community. To state that the Board's involvement is " a parasitical relationship" with resources occasionally provided shows just how misinformed you are. Hopefully its the same source that keeps talking to you about BMD.

lol

He is incorrigible.

My favourite curmudgeon :dance:

Imagine if they made a tv show of his life. I wouldn't "bloody believe it"...

Dave - I think you need to improve on the information that you have regarding EitC before posting. Everton FC and EitC are intrinsically linked by the support that EFC provides to EitC. The funding the club invests in the EitC programme enables them to then multiply that investment through the range of impressive programmes that they deliver, winning national and international recognition. For every £1 invested by the club they probably multiply that 3 or 4 times both in terms of cash invested in EitC by other organisations and the social value for the people of Merseyside. Without the club's core support this would be much more difficult. That is not to say it would not exist but the model would likely change affecting reach and scope. I work in the same sector and have visited Everton to see the work that they do. The staff made it very clear that Bill Kenwright and now Farhad Moshiri understand what they do and invest heavily in the scheme. Not all clubs do it as well as Everton, including our 'friends' across the park and some of the other wealthy football clubs. Football clubs can make a huge difference to their community and the Board at Everton have embraced that for many years. The trophy drought may go on but there is no way that anybody should be questioning the commitment of the current (and previous) Board members to Everton in the Community. To state that the Board's involvement is " a parasitical relationship" with resources occasionally provided shows just how misinformed you are. Hopefully its the same source that keeps talking to you about BMD.

Great post.

I covered that in point #1.

I said all that too.

I've just never liked the way the club has seized on this organisation and its achievements. Yes there's an important crossover and that should be acknoweledged (which I do). However, my main gripe is that the club cling closely to EitC's achievements to mask the undoubted fact that they are horrendously inept at either providing us with a winning football team or making important strides forward with infrastructure.

So my view is this is a beneficial relationship for the users of that chairy but that, cynically, the club also get to hide behind it and use it to deflect.

That is a legitimate criticism imo.
Oh Dave...

AS IF the club seriously think "well we're crap on the pitch... may as well try and be world class at the charity stuff!"

EITC is great, but it begs the question why people at Everton can literally create a world class charity from the ground up but seem to be completely incompetent at any other aspect of the business of running a football club. Abysmal at commercial dealings, awful at retail, terrible at comms or PR, until recently they’ve been shocking at talent acquisition and recruitment. Yet the same people have created the conditions to allow an absolutely world class charity to grow.

That school has turned my nephew’s life around. Regardless of politics it was a good move.
My understanding of the school was that it was for kids who weren't succeeding in the state school sector for various reasons and would be in severe danger of being disenfranchised from education and eventually being spat out of the machine with no qualifications and their chances in life considerably diminished. Those that criticise this type of initiative by the club and EitC are most likely the ones to point the finger at those kids and society in general when they turn out "bad ".

Obviously I have no right to know about individual kids in the School, but is that a fair assessment from your point of view?

Sure I'd prefer the school system to not need academies or free schools because they could cope with all the kids, but until then I applaud Everton for facing the local issues and doing something to help people to stand on their own two feet.

Also I'd criticise them more for not being 2 separate legal entities. EFC is not a charity and should not benefit from any financial benefits that they receive. EitC is a charity and should receive those benefits.

My understanding of the school was that it was for kids who weren't succeeding in the state school sector for various reasons and would be in severe danger of being disenfranchised from education and eventually being spat out of the machine with no qualifications and their chances in life considerably diminished. Those that criticise this type of initiative by the club and EitC are most likely the ones to point the finger at those kids and society in general when they turn out "bad ".

Obviously I have no right to know about individual kids in the School, but is that a fair assessment from your point of view?

Sure I'd prefer the school system to not need academies or free schools because they could cope with all the kids, but until then I applaud Everton for facing the local issues and doing something to help people to stand on their own two feet.

Also I'd criticise them more for not being 2 separate legal entities. EFC is not a charity and should not benefit from any financial benefits that they receive. EitC is a charity and should receive those benefits.
Your assessment is accurate as far as I am aware. Cheers mate

Dave, you do realise that you don't HAVE to seek out the contentious in absolutely everything Everton related?
I'm not doing that. This is one of those bugbears I've consistently brought up in the past. I think the EitC itself is great organisation doing valuable work; I think the club play its part...but I also maintain the right to state that it isn't the club itself (it's a separate entity) and that the club have used the success of EitC and bathed in it to deflect away from their own disastrous attempts to make us a winning organisation on the pitch and to provide the great leap forward on the infrastructure front.

To me that is a very reasonable and honourable position to take.

I accept your well thought out and expressed post. It's appreciated. However I do, in fact, acknowledge the things you say I dont acknowledge. It's there in the posts I've made. What you take issue with more substantially is the claim that the club use this connection for parasitical purposes also. I dont mean it in a financial sense. The good publicity that EitC hand to the club via association with it goes a hell of a long way to smoothing out the mess we are in as a football club. There is defo a quid pro quo element to the club's involvement with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.