BBC Breakfast - EFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/ it does exceptionally good work and deserves to be commended in its own right
2/ it really isn't Everton FC - its a separate entity
3/ the biggest error it ever made was throwing in with the Tory school academy idea (though I accept this was the moron Elstone's hobby-horse and that he placed pressure on this closely aligned organisation to take it up)
4/ maybe a bit cynically I tend to think there's an inverse relationship between EFC's failure to progress on and off the pitch and the push to gain publicity for EitC - the club basically has a parasitic relationship with the latter, shamefully

5/ Shut up Dave

I heard the Z cars theme , dashed in rewound and watched it , similar overall themes to the “ One Show” bits the other week but a few more different details. Makes me proud of our club and the name Everton, and as the presenter said , if all the club wanted was a bit of PR there are far easier ways of doing it than the work and effort put in . “ Parasitical relationship”? , tell that to Unsworth and the kids who raised the money to set up that house for youngsters at risk of becoming homeless. This was featured in the programme for what it was , no mention of specific club involvement in raising money or attempt to milk it publicly. Sometimes you see something that gladdens your heart, me , I just enjoy it for what it was and move on , no idea why people see negatives in everything we do.

Dave this a very good thing. Did you really have to pour scorn on it? I’m with Eggs here.

If it’s entirely separate then why is it that the club set it up in the 1980’s? Why do the players get involved in, for example, the sleep outs for the homeless?

It’s a separate legal entity because it now has to be to be registered as a charity. In practice it’s very much linked.
I covered that in point #1.
If it’s entirely separate then why is it that the club set it up in the 1980’s? Why do the players get involved in, for example, the sleep outs for the homeless?

It’s a separate legal entity because it now has to be to be registered as a charity. In practice it’s very much linked

I said all that too.

I've just never liked the way the club has seized on this organisation and its achievements. Yes there's an important crossover and that should be acknoweledged (which I do). However, my main gripe is that the club cling closely to EitC's achievements to mask the undoubted fact that they are horrendously inept at either providing us with a winning football team or making important strides forward with infrastructure.

So my view is this is a beneficial relationship for the users of that chairy but that, cynically, the club also get to hide behind it and use it to deflect.

That is a legitimate criticism imo.

1/ it does exceptionally good work and deserves to be commended in its own right
3/ the biggest error it ever made was throwing in with the Tory school academy idea (though I accept this was the moron Elstone's hobby-horse and that he placed pressure on this closely aligned organisation to take it up)
4/ maybe a bit cynically I tend to think there's an inverse relationship between EFC's failure to progress on and off the pitch and the push to gain publicity for EitC - the club basically has a parasitic relationship with the latter, shamefully
Wind your neck in just this once you absolute buffoon.

Good piece. Love the coverage of EITC recently.

On this one a bit further, it still annoys me that Gideon was welcomed to Finch Farm with open arms when he was Chancellor.

Should never have been OK'ed by anyone at the club. PR or not.

Dave this a very good thing. Did you really have to pour scorn on it? I’m with Eggs here.

It’s a separate legal entity because it now has to be to be registered as a charity. In practice it’s very much linked.

Just for once can you not thread ban him so we can as a club and as supporters just enjoy something positive?

I think the school is a free school - not an academy. It's also for children permanently excluded from main stream school isn't it? The kids that Tories are happy to throw on the scrap heap. People may not agree with the politics behind free schools and academies but should at least be able to recognise that some are actually doing good work and making a difference to children's lives.

That school has turned my nephew’s life around. Regardless of politics it was a good move.

That school has turned my nephew’s life around. Regardless of politics it was a good move.
Granted there will be those sort of improvements for individuals. If Labour scrap them they'd have to sort out the wheat from the chaff. The Co-Op movement are at loggerheads with the LP over them, for example. From an ideological pov they were designed to snatch cash from LAs and hand them to the private sector/voluntary sector. That is my bone of contention.

I covered that in point #1.

I said all that too.

I've just never liked the way the club has seized on this organisation and its achievements. Yes there's an important crossover and that should be acknoweledged (which I do). However, my main gripe is that the club cling closely to EitC's achievements to mask the undoubted fact that they are horrendously inept at either providing us with a winning football team or making important strides forward with infrastructure.

So my view is this is a beneficial relationship for the users of that chairy but that, cynically, the club also get to hide behind it and use it to deflect.

That is a legitimate criticism imo.

Granted there will be those sort of improvements for individuals. If Labour scrap them they'd have to sort out the wheat from the chaff. The Co-Op movement are at loggerheads with the LP over them, for example. From an ideological pov they were designed to snatch cash from LAs and hand them to the private sector/voluntary sector. That is my bone of contention.

Dave, you do realise that you don't HAVE to seek out the contentious in absolutely everything Everton related?

Dave you can be a right arse sometimes. If there was no EFC then there is no EITC either. Period.

Dave, rejoice, this is equivalent to them putting us on MOTD first and it's 5 minutes that they don't mention brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.