BBC Breakfast - EFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

1/ it does exceptionally good work and deserves to be commended in its own right
2/ it really isn't Everton FC - its a separate entity
3/ the biggest error it ever made was throwing in with the Tory school academy idea (though I accept this was the moron Elstone's hobby-horse and that he placed pressure on this closely aligned organisation to take it up)
4/ maybe a bit cynically I tend to think there's an inverse relationship between EFC's failure to progress on and off the pitch and the push to gain publicity for EitC - the club basically has a parasitic relationship with the latter, shamefully

1/ it does exceptionally good work and deserves to be commended in its own right
2/ it really isn't Everton FC - its a separate entity
3/ the biggest error it ever made was throwing in with the Tory school academy idea (though I accept this was the moron Elstone's hobby-horse and that he placed pressure on this closely aligned organisation to take it up)
4/ maybe a bit cynically I tend to think there's an inverse relationship between EFC's failure to progress on and off the pitch and the push to gain publicity for EitC - the club basically has a parasitic relationship with the latter, shamefully

..the club and EiTC are intrinsically linked. Up to recently as senior personnel as DBB (Board level) took the lead and the players are also very much involved.

Last edited:
..the club and EiTC are intrinsically linked. Up to recently as senior personnel as DBB (Board level) took the lead and the players are also very much involved.
Legally separate entities. They are not one and the same. As said, there is a convenient and parastical relationship there for EFC. Yes, they lend their name and occasionaly resources to EitC but they are not the same. It's the difference between, say, the London Marathon and an associating official charity.

It's a point of order (and distinction) I always make regarding EitC and EFC.
Dave this a very good thing. Did you really have to pour scorn on it? I’m with Eggs here.

If it’s entirely separate then why is it that the club set it up in the 1980’s? Why do the players get involved in, for example, the sleep outs for the homeless?

It’s a separate legal entity because it now has to be to be registered as a charity. In practice it’s very much linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.