Are we a better team without fans?

Are we reaping the benefit of an empty stadium?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

If this forum is a reflection of Goodison. Look at the dogs abuse dcl gets despite scoring double figures last season and being young. Look how the tide turns on moise Kean within a week of the season when we won three games. Read the comments on the match reports for the Salford game and wba until things the score line got comfortable. There is air of negativity.
At some point in most games the opposition will have a good spell. That is not the time for groaning.
The “ Everton that” mentality needs to change.

Definitely better without a section of our “fans”.

The ones who take their problems to the game & have a meltdown.
Never understood why they go anyway.

Desperately missing attending the matches as I am , I do think there is some merit to the argument that our absence is likely to be occasionally beneficial to our overall performance.
Had we been present yesterday , I do think the two W. Brom. strikes would have precipitated a surge of angst which could have resulted in a more nervy reaction from our players. We just had to play our game allow our quality to get the result.
Football is insipid without the crowds and it is the crowds ability to inspire outclassed teams to raise their game and get a result which is most missed.
But we are currently a team in transition and allowing our manager to blend the team without undue pressure from the terraces may be beneficial to our long term future post covid.

I think it cuts both ways, I think had there been fans in the stadium yesterday there would have been serious booing when we were one nil down. But I'm not sure that WBA would have played with as much confidence and freedom if there had been fans in the stadium.
At the moment we are winning so I'm just happy with that and not worried

I think we're a better team because we've brought in probably the best playmaker in current world football and an animal for defensive midfield.

Yeah, It's all too do with this. It was weird watching and expecting a groan every time we did something wrong. Maybe that helped, but we have a much better team and that's the reason why.

one third of fans polled believing their fellow fans damage their team performance on field should be explored on a deeper level buddies. this is not a silent monitory and deserve their grievances addressed.

I remember watching awful teams in the 90s play terrible football but we didn’t turn on them because they were all trying their best and fought for the team.

The reason for boos aimed at Schneiderlin etc. is because he couldn’t give a damn what happened.

I’m sure we’ll lose some games this season when the midfield magic doesn’t come off but I don’t see any of the lads out there yesterday getting booed as they all put a proper shift in (apart from James because he’s different). Maybe Pickford could get booed for being an idiot but other than that I actually like all the players in our starting line up for the first time in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.