Are we a better team without fans?

Are we reaping the benefit of an empty stadium?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the arl have a go at the fans thread.

We've always had a very decent home record regardless of how frustrated the fans get, our away form has been the shocking part.

The fans wernt there when relegated Bournemouth took us apart last season, or when we scraped a lucky point against villa.

As others have pointed out we just have a far better team and a great manager.

Think goodison would have been rocking at kick off yesterday with the new signings and maybe it might have spured the team on to a better start because I thought we started quite poo yesterday

Ah the arl have a go at the fans thread.

We've always had a very decent home record regardless of how frustrated the fans get, our away form has been the shocking part.

The fans wernt there when relegated Bournemouth took us apart last season, or when we scraped a lucky point against villa.

As others have pointed out we just have a far better team and a great manager.

Think goodison would have been rocking at kick off yesterday with the new signings and maybe it might have spured the team on to a better start because I thought we started quite poo yesterday
you are a terrible blue buddy and project ur personal hurt at young everton players we cannot excuse this.

Great result today despite an under par performance from some players.

Paul merson made a comment before the game that the lack of fans would hurt west brom, as with a full ground, they would've set out to frustrate us until our fan's turned on our players.

Does the lack of angry Everton da's make us a better team?
No
Better players, well coached make a better team.

When fans get back.
Its the teams job to give us something to shout about
Its the fans job to scare the bejabbers out of officials and opposition

With proper investment, by 2021-22 most of the supporters will have been replaced by customers, and by 2024-25 most of the customers will have been replaced by Russian bots. You have to evolve with the game.

Reidy said it's no place for shrinking violets is Goodison, not a direct quote but he's right. We are a very reactive crowd, that's why cracking into someone in the first few minutes generally gets the crowd roaring. Passing it around the back four with no urgency, ends with a frustrated crowd. Put the effort in and you'll be a hero at Goodison even if you're not the greatest player.

I guess that my answer to this would be: how many points are the best fans worth, and how many points do the worst fans cost a club?

My sense is that neither of these are large numbers. Points outcomes in football come from very limited scoring, where it's hard to say that the fans had an impact on any given goal.

There's good work out there showing fans affecting free throw shooting and overall scores in basketball using data. However, those are small effects without huge variance, and that variance is what we are trying to measure - fan quality, imputed from impact on points per game.

Which, in turn, tells us what common sense tells us - quality players win games, rubbish players lose them and fans don't matter much either way.

Some truth in this I suppose. Everton are playing superbly but the influx of new players probably has more to do with it.
Arsenal are another side who have emerged as a different team recently. Without any booing abusive fans on their backs, the likes of Xhaka has improved his performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.