Are we a better team without fans?

Are we reaping the benefit of an empty stadium?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is Goodison is nervy. Prob cos we are sick of underachieving. Sick of our mates teams doing better. The atmosphere can turn quickly in bad spells of the game. Bet It’s not a great place to play if your not in form.

This is a much better team, with a better manager, but this has always (or at least has for my lifetime) been a cynical and knowledgeable fanbase that mocks the gullible true believers that one finds following the RS, United, Chelsea, Newcastle etc, which will not tolerate laziness, incompetence or ineptitude and which will absolutely be vocal in this.

If Goodison gets angry at opponents then its a great place, but too often it is aimed at the home side / specific players and recently (at least pre-Carlo) its become almost like a reflex because we are so used to relative failure that we expect it. "Everton that" is a joke but its probably the one thing about the club we all genuinely believe.

I think Keane has definitely stepped up an it could be well do to lack of fans as I think it just allows him to concentrate more on his game and not be so susceptible to the sometimes impatient atmosphere

Our home record has been significantly better than our away record for years. From memory I think our home out performance outweighs other teams in the league too

So no.

This version of Everton, which is a very different from the pretransfer window one, has never played in front of a full stadium, so the question is moot. A crowd may push them to an even higher level, or they might choke.
Or it might not make any difference at all.
Until the crowds are allowed back in, we won’t know.

Great result today despite an under par performance from some players.

Paul merson made a comment before the game that the lack of fans would hurt west brom, as with a full ground, they would've set out to frustrate us until our fan's turned on our players.

Does the lack of angry Everton da's make us a better team?

I said a similar thing to my mate the other day, but not about home games, away ones and by that I mean nothing to do with our amazing travelling supporters...

What I said was the lack of fans in stadiums could help us overcome our fear of not getting results at away matches, particularly against the Sky Six...

But only time will tell... Here's hoping! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.