2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Formal offer” “expecting” “welcoming”: there is a lot of wiggle room in the language coming out of the club side.
From Myers, the echo + toffee tv it seems the club wants to portray that we're keeping him no matter what. I'm guessing someone inside the club, prob someone with links to the echo and myers has released this info to them.

Why's it no coincidence?
From Myers, the echo + toffee tv it seems the club wants to portray that we're keeping him no matter what. I'm guessing someone inside the club, prob someone with links to the echo and myers has released this info to them.
I'm very sceptical as to why these 3 have come out virtually within a hour and tried to say the club haven't received a bid when every other credible source is saying otherwise?

No. Just no.
We'll sign a striker without having to sell him. We need to keep players who care about the club and have something about them rather than signing more mercs that will just see us as a stepping stone.
If he was an Italian called antonio gordalini people wouldn't be in such a rush to sell.
Well we're not an elite level club, so in real terms we ARE a stepping stone club, for players capable of going on to the next level.

I'm not saying we should sign 30 year old mercenaries left right and center but look at the likes of Brighton and Leics and Southampton and Brentford etc - all recognise their place in the pyramid, all develop players, sell for profit and re-invest. Isn't that exactly what are fan base has been screaming for us to do for years?

£45m for a lad with 4 goals in 51 apps and very little end product is a no-brainer. Invest that wisely and we could kick on a level. Reject it, and we're just treading water for another year.

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…

On the topic of Gordon though, would you sell for £50m?
Sadly I think we the levels of mismanagement we've seen, it's inevitable. We badly need a striker, we have limited funds and we have few sellable assets.

We must be looking to get maximum value for him. Clubs like Chelsea can afford to gamble heavily on potential. I think if they bid £50m+ we'll see him sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.