2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people here who are disppointed and angry that Everton have made a statement to the effect that they aren't looking to sell Gordon.

Let that sink in.
Dissapointed to miss out on the opportunity to have funds to fix the squad so we're not in another relegation battle? There's nothing wrong with that.

The gall of you to cast aspersions on other fans over this while you longed for the FSW to take us down.

Seriously, get a grip of yourself.

Inappropriate Language
Thinking about this more I don't want to see him go. We are going to splash cash on the strikers we need regardless. Fook 50 million. Flushed half a billion down the jax. Would rather see how good Gordon can be for us.

I really think Gordon has a chance of developing into a top player, at worst he will be a decent premier league winger and I would love him to stay, but, as I said on here last week, if we are offered anything like the Richarlison money, he will be sold.

Chelsea are in a far better position than us to take a gamble as to how good he becomes. It's possible that he will never attract offers of this magnitude again if he doesn't kick on this season. It's equally possible that he does kick on and is worth double that amount in 2 years. I just think if a very big offer comes in for him, the club, rightly in my opinion, will decide they have to accept it.

I am conflicted whether we should sell or not.

On one hand, 50mil could put us away from FFP limelight for the moment. because it seems like we couldn't even produce 20mil to sign a new player at the moment.

On the other hand, some of the targets (Wingers & Second Striker-ish) are "interesting" but represents a big risk as well given the our margin of error is very low.

Anthony Gordon is a good representation of Everton and I would hate to see him leave. but selling him weakens our squad and I do not know if we will be able to sign any player at all even with a 50mil offer - and this offer may not involve much upfront cash too.

I'm not sure he does though, his end product is pretty poor. he seems to run around a lot and throw himself on the ground. He isnt a game winner or really a game changer. my personal opinion is that he shouldn't be a starter for us, just an impact sub.

Chelsea are buying him for depth. he wont get near there starting 11 on a regular basis.

Either way at 50m i think we should sell. Get Broja on loan as part of the deal and buy 2 new players with the money.

I dont think we move forward with Gordon as a starter in our first team.

I think people underestimate how difficult it is to have end product in a team that plays as defensively as us. Even the attacking players we do have are limited.

For Gordon to have end product at Everton he probably needs to beat two players and score a screamer or produce a pinpoint cross for a player marked by 3 defenders in the middle.

I think people underestimate how difficult it is to have end product in a team that plays as defensively as us. Even the attacking players we do have are limited.

For Gordon to have end product at Everton he probably needs to beat two players and score a screamer or produce a pinpoint cross for a player marked by 3 defenders in the middle.
Tbf he’s had a enough goal scoring opportunities in the last 15 or so games and not managed to slot, either missing the target or straight down the keepers throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.