2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissapointed to miss out on the opportunity to have funds to fix the squad so we're not in another relegation battle? There's nothing wrong with that.

The gall of you to cast aspersions on other fans over this while you longed for the FSW to take us down.

Seriously, get a grip of yourself.
Exhibit A.

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…
Chelsea will offer Gilmour presumably.

Any idea who we might want?

Selling Gordon is us essentially admitting to the wider footballing world what we already knew as supporters

We're an absolute nothing team who can't even hold on to our best youth prospects anymore
Or maybe it should tell the wider football world that we've finally started to act like a proper club who operates shrewdly and wisely with transfers instead of clinging on to token sentiment like some tinpot outfit for no other reason than "he's on of our own dontcha know!". (If BK had his way, there's no doubt in my mind Rodwell and Barkley and Kenny would still be on the books here).

Go and watch Anthony Gordons YouTube videos of his goals / assists.

More than 50% of the video is a collection of him turning a player and theatrically jumping on the floor.

The boy genuinely has no end product unfortunately.

We would be absolute fools to turn down anything around 50m.

Problem with that is he has been deemed fully capable to play first team football at 20 though mate, he’s been trusted and he isn’t delivering. Younger players are often put on a development plan and these plans dictate whether a player goes through a pre-planned loan stage for a couple of years ala simms/dobbin so they can monitor development until that cut-throat decision is made. Gordon went to Preston on loan and has since been deemed ready, rightly or wrongly. So to say a younger player needs time, 50 games into first team football - he needs to be showing that end product at this level if only in flashes, which then backs up the potential. It’s a cut throat business and I feel people are being all sentimental because he’s a local lad that came through the academy - when from a footballing standpoint we can afford to sit still and cross
Got nothing to do with him being local.Its mad that 2 champions league teams are in for him and one has bid £40-50m if sky are to be believed. Gordon must be doing something right. If the club sell i just want us to reinvest in the first team coz we will have sold our 2 best outfield players from last season for £100m and we still havent got a striker. It just looks bad to me and sends out the wrong message.

More than 50% of the video is a collection of him turning a player and theatrically jumping on the floor.

Why do you expect him to be the finished article at his age with one season under his belt???

I think it's likely he improves quite a lot. I've seen worse players than him at 21 become very good, consistent players.

Status
Not open for further replies.