2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because they recognise he is one of the best young players in England and/or Europe.
Is he though? Are many top clubs around the continent talking about him let alone aware of him?

If he's "worth" ~£50m having just finished his debut season at 21 years old with 4 goals in 51 Prem apps, I shudder to think what the likes of some of the lads from yesteryear would be worth in this market.

He was wanted by Pep and is actually class. Gordon is half the player.

It’s irrelevant though mate.

End of the day, Cucurella was valued by Brighton at £63m, whether others think otherwise is fine, but it still makes him a £63m player.

Gordon I don’t think is that good, but if Chelsea want him, I guess they have to meet our valuation of him, and we value him at £50m.

Doesn’t matter who likes them or not, it’s just how the market works.

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…

Ooooooh

Why do you think we should have accepted their opening offer? I'm a bit baffled by this.

They've shown they are willing to offer huge amounts. Why not see how far we can push them?
Because this is so overvalued in our favor that losing the deal in pursuit of 5 extra million is worse.

Also we are in a bit of a time crunch to round out the squad so every day haggling counts.

Because this is so overvalued in our favor that losing the deal in pursuit of 5 extra million is worse.

Also we are in a bit of a time crunch to round out the squad so every day haggling counts.

Strongly disagree

Would be a total embarrassment for the club to just accept the first offer from a club where money appears to be no object. That is not negotiation, it is capitulation.

It's better to hold out for a better offer and end up keeping the player, than letting him go without a proper negotiation where we fight our corner.

Chelsea will offer Gilmour presumably.

Any idea who we might want?
It's going to be what I said yesterday: an offer of £30M + Gilmour.

No way Broja is valued so low and nor Gallagher.

So that's the deal pretty much on the table...maybe stretch to £35M + Gilmour.

Which should immediately be binned.

Chelsea decide on Sunday "we want Gordon" and chances are he's gone by Wednesday.

We decide we want a PSG cast off and it's dragged on all summer.

Get tough Everton, screw Chelsea over and make them sweat, and call PSG saying if deal is not done by 4pm then shove it.

Toughen up a bit, it's as important as having the right squad. Without doing so we'll never have the right squad. Stop being so easy to roll over.

Inappropriate Language
So if he was playing for Chelsea (and if we had the money and no spending restrictions) would you pay 50 million for Anthony Gordon?
absolutely-[Poor language removed]-not.jpg

I mean, unless you have seen how football negotiations work, then I don’t really think we can comment on the process, can we?

Unless we know what our stance and what we’re asking for, it’s naive to really judge the club, thus far.

Maybe we wanted to go for a player like CHO, Broja or Gallagher, and wanted to see what the availability was on them, no one knows really, unless they were there.

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…

Nice one Bobble

Strongly disagree

Would be a total embarassment for the club to just accept the first offer from a club where money appears to be no object. That is not negotiation, it is capitulation.
Just hypothetically what if the first offer was 75m?

I value Gordon at 20m to 25m. We're getting offered 42m. I personally don't need to negotiate on that. It isn't capitulation it's being sensible. Someone wants to overpay for a replaceable piece. Take the money, buy the replacement, use the leftovers to get even better. Negotiating is risking an obvious win for very little tangible benefit.

I mean, unless you have seen how football negotiations work, then I don’t really think we can comment on the process, can we?

Unless we know what our stance and what we’re asking for, it’s naive to really judge the club, thus far.

Maybe we wanted to go for a player like CHO, Broja or Gallagher, and wanted to see what the availability was on them, no one knows really, unless they were there.
That's fine, losing this deal over comparably small amounts of money would be bad.

It's going to be what I said yesterday: an offer of £30M + Gilmour.

No way Broja is valued so low and nor Gallagher.

So that's the deal pretty much on the table...maybe stretch to £35M + Gilmour.

Which should immediately be binned.
Thanks Dave, but I can speculate in exactly the same way you can. Establishing actual detail was my intention.

£30m + Gilmour would be a no from me. £30 + Broja or Gallagher and we might go for it (I'm not sure I'd take that though).

Status
Not open for further replies.