2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling Gordon is us essentially admitting to the wider footballing world what we already knew as supporters

We're an absolute nothing team who can't even hold on to our best youth prospects anymore

We’ve been that for over 20 years mate.

I really don’t get how this is the straw that breaks the camels back. We are selling an average prem winger, who has potential for silly money. We’d be stupid not to sell.

Selling Gordon is us essentially admitting to the wider footballing world what we already knew as supporters

We're an absolute nothing team who can't even hold on to our best youth prospects anymore
The wider footballing world already knows we're dog egg, what about our relegation battle last season do you think made us look like a slick operation?

I'd like to keep Gordon, but if Chelsea are willing to offer stupid money (say £45m) plus Broja on loan, I think we'd be foolish not to take it. I suppose the only caveat is Lampard's insistence on character in the dressing room – he might consider a local lad and boyhood fan to have a greater value to the club at large.

Was there a time when we did hold onto players? we have always sold them at the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.