2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I just think we as a fanbase need to just take it easy. I think there are other things in the background that manifests itself in this fewm at certain players. Myself i rate the lad and i would like to see the club make more signings around the 20 to 22 years of age and create a team that can mature together.

I'll go out on a limb and say, at this moment at the same age McNeil easily replaces him (technically I think is a better player but no where near as direct, has a better passing and crossing range).

Overall I don't think we lose much but can gain a lot.

accounts…

so it’s pointless selling to go they’re

Well it’s not pointless is it? Selling him for around £50m pure profit gives us a lot of leeway in the market to sign better players.

Ok, it’s about money, nothing to do with world class end product. Now I get it.

Of course it’s about money, everything in football is these days.

No. Just no.
We'll sign a striker without having to sell him. We need to keep players who care about the club and have something about them rather than signing more mercs that will just see us as a stepping stone.
If he was an Italian called antonio gordalini people wouldn't be in such a rush to sell.

No. Just no.
We'll sign a striker without having to sell him. We need to keep players who care about the club and have something about them rather than signing more mercs that will just see us as a stepping stone.
If he was an Italian called antonio gordalini people wouldn't be in such a rush to sell.
We need forwards who can score more than forwards caring about the club.

He's 21 mate. Give him a chance ffs
Will you buy him for £50m this is the question.

There should not be many who question his potential but knowing that we sold our best player and main goal threat in Richy we got merely £60m.

By selling the lad, ffp is out of the way and we will be able to bring in a few attackers.

When Barkley was 21/22, I think the ceiling is similar to Anthony lad in todays circumstances.

No. Just no.
Nobody is in a rush to sell. And it’s the polar opposite. It’s because he’s a local lad people may want to keep him. Plenty just see the value in taking 50m pure profit and balancing the books, as well as being able to reinvest in hipefilly 2-3 players from it.

No. Just no.

If we had an Italian 20 year old with similar ability and a team offered over 40m the vast majority would want him gone.

Teams who have overtaken us in the league like Leicester etc all sell players when their price is high. Our local rivals even sold 2 of their best and completely transformed their fortunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.