2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's my favourite player. so a big no!

just sends out the wrong message.

would be nice to see him develop here.
Would you rather see your favourite player playing for your favourite club in the championship? OR your favourite club staying and playing in the premiership?

I think it can be generally accepted that a manager who won the CL 15 months ago wants his club to pay £40-50 mill for Gordon , and whether you’re a “ bite their handoff “ or “ it’d be criminal to sell” that’s how highly Gordon is rated by Chelsea. I was one of the few to vote him Man of the Match against Chelsea, I would assume that they saw a lot in his play that day that they thought would fit well in their system.

I`m glad this has been noticed by others, as there`s been a not so subtle shift in his narrative towards Lampard.

Every post, just takes it up a notch, that tiny bit more.

Although I mostly agree with him on his stance on selling Gordon, I`d wager that he`ll use it, as a catalyst to show his true colours over Lampard.

Sadly, this is still all about making a fool of himself over Bentez.
I know the season is in full swing when the managerial battle lines start to get drawn and players start to take on symbolic status for the purposes of argument.

You know its getting real when Dave wades in.

I'm quite up for selling Gordon for the entertainment and team building potential. In no particular order.

We get 50 M for Gordon then straight away the transfer market is inflated for Everton, IMO it’s got to be 30/35 M upfront with Gallagher & Broja thrown in as loan deals.

I can't say that I trust Moshiri not to ruin things again but I am hoping he got a bit of a scare last season with his meddling. Since they've come in Thelwell and Lampard have done nothing but good business in my opinion, they've earned my trust to be able to reinvest any money into players that improve us, they've done that multiple times already this summer despite us being in money troubles.

You will turn on them in the end.

For what we need, he just runs around.

If he signs for Chelsea and plays more than 10 games come back then ?

But he obviously does more than that mate, people don't bid 42m for a lad that only runs around.

And how many games he plays for Chelsea is irrelevant really. We are judging him on his ability in the here and now, and he is obviously viewed as one of the most talented young players in the country if not the continent. It;s fair enough to disagree with that assessment, but people in the game clearly see a very talented player who has been outstanding for Everton.

He is raw so he’s still that kid with potential and he does provide an outlet and pace but as a said a few replies back that will never win you a football match. He has over 50 appearances for Everton now and I’m not sure what else he brings as an attacking player. As I said there needs to be glimpses of something he excels at whether that be set pieces, crosses, shooting, finishing - to justify his inclusion now not just the same running down blind alleys, getting bullied off the ball, poor decisions on the ball. Unfortunately like Tom Davies he was thrown in at the deep end due to the ineptitude of Everton’s recruitment and was heavily hyped up by the club this summer, in my eyes, to gloss over the sale of richarlison and his non-replacement. But the last two games, he hasn’t shown any goal scoring instinct or positional awareness as a forward and has 4 goals and 3 assists to his name as an attacker.. the lad needs to show something else or he needs to be moved on while the hype is still there and we can command a decent fee.

I think the demise of DCL actually forces us to selling Gordon. I think the plan was to sell DCL next summer to satisfy FFP but he is starting to look like a busted flush. If Gordon has a bad season and we get relegated this £50m becomes £25m next summer. If they think they can replace Gordon with two more productive players that will keep us in the league they have to do it. Sorry but this is where we are.

Nobody knows the position the club is in regarding FFP. If DCL was going to be used to satisfy FFP at the end of the season (pre July 2023) and they have realised that this is a risky strategy given his injury, if they now sell Gordon it also means that we can not spend his transfer fee before the end of June 2023.

In other words they have may have already budgeted this year for a sale and actually selling early rather than at the end simply deprives us of the use of that asset for the season.

The only additional savings we would make would be wages and I don't think that Gordon will be on a big wage.

I suppose the other argument is that if he were to go for a figure in excess of that anticipated as a big sale then again that additional amount could be used.

If we did use the Gordon transfer fee to buy a couple of players it just means that the obvious players available to satisfy FFP at the end of the season is probably down to DCL/Pickford

I think it can be generally accepted that a manager who won the CL 15 months ago wants his club to pay £40-50 mill for Gordon , and whether you’re a “ bite their handoff “ or “ it’d be criminal to sell” that’s how highly Gordon is rated by Chelsea. I was one of the few to vote him Man of the Match against Chelsea, I would assume that they saw a lot in his play that day that they thought would fit well in their system.

This would work if Ancelotti hadn’t punted Gordon to the championship

I dont think we are in danger of relegation this season regardless mate.

I just think selling Gordon and signing 3-4 good players gives us a sniff at a top half finish with room to progress.

Keeping 3 goals a season Gordon means likely midtable obscurity alongside your Southamptons of the world.
Interesting.

I think we are in real danger of relegation. I look at all the squads in the PL and I think only Bournemouth's is obviously worse than ours. Southampton's is similarly poor as ours.

Need to do a lot between now and the end of the window.

This thread is just the best.

It`l like a virus that keeps on mutating.

By the end of the day, Chelsea will have offered 120mil.

We`ll counter this and offer a ten year contract of 500k a week wages.

Chelsea will come back in, match his wages, offer us six players and 120mil and even offer to finance the remainder of the new ground for us.
Why not, James was on at least that!

Nobody knows the position the club is in regarding FFP. If DCL was going to be used to satisfy FFP at the end of the season (pre July 2023) and they have realised that this is a risky strategy given his injury, if they now sell Gordon it also means that we can not spend his transfer fee before the end of June 2023.

In other words they have may have already budgeted this year for a sale and actually selling early rather than at the end simply deprives us of the use of that asset for the season.

The only additional savings we would make would be wages and I don't think that Gordon will be on a big wage.

I suppose the other argument is that if he were to go for a figure in excess of that anticipated as a big sale then again that additional amount could be used.

If we did use the Gordon transfer fee to buy a couple of players it just means that the obvious players available to satisfy FFP at the end of the season is probably down to DCL/Pickford

I am no accountant but a Gordon sale would be clean profit on the balance sheet. Club would aim for a large payment up front and look to do the reverse with the replacement players coming in. This would surely help our financial position

Gordon is in the top 5% of attacking mids/wingers for pressures and tackles. However, he's in the bottom 12% for assists and bottom 16% for goals. He works really hard and is a nuisance for teams but he isn't that much of a direct threat in front of goal. £40m+ is a ridiculously good fee for us given where both he and the club are currently at. We must take it and reinvest into the first XI immediately.

1660563563265.png

Status
Not open for further replies.