2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking performance today from the young lad. At least he had a go and tried to get things moving for us. Says it all when you’ve got more hope in a young lad who hasn’t played many games in the Prem than you have with the so called season pros.

Attacking wise our best period was the first 20 mins of the 2nd half when he was in a 3 man midfield and getting on the ball more . While I didn’t have him as MoM , after he went off the game ,and my interest in it , faded. At least he keeps me awake when he’s on, Im not sure how much we can keep starting him though, maybe off the bench for last 30 mins next game.

Keep starting this lad. He deserves to play.

In a normal side we would be saying he is doing well and to bring him in and out of the team.

With our lot he needs to play because nobody else can do what he does, even if thats just doing the basics right.

Really is the only good thing to come out of the restart. Instantly regressed when he went off.

I’d like to see him central mid or pushed up front behind the front two. He played in my sons team for 3 years when about 11 onwards before picked up and of course stood out . He’s very intelligent and will open play up plus a great finisher.

He really is a great prospect and we haven't seen him play in his best positions yet which is up front as a 9 or 10. Having watched DCL in the last 2 games do absolutely nothing , followed as a sub by Kean who was equally ineffective , I think we should give Gordon a chance to play up front with Richarlison at some point in the remaining games to see how he does up against premiership centre halves. He couldn't do any worse.

He really is a great prospect and we haven't seen him play in his best positions yet which is up front as a 9 or 10. Having watched DCL in the last 2 games do absolutely nothing , followed as a sub by Kean who was equally ineffective , I think we should give Gordon a chance to play up front with Richarlison at some point in the remaining games to see how he does up against premiership centre halves. He couldn't do any worse.
I don't think #9 is his best position. The way he finds space and runs with the ball in midfield and out wide is very natural. He looks to make killer passes. I think putting him up top would be a waste of his creative potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.