2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's alright, not concerned at all. Doesn't make glaring errors like some.
This.

Young, "gets us" and that, but barely puts a foot wrong - several times he kept the ball and saw passes that kept the ball rolling for us which I'm 100% certain others in the team lose in that situation. "Has it all" is early to say, but it looks like he'll develop it as he's still young and seems to have parts of "all", as it is, but it's still raw.

Also got a slide tackle on him like lol

Worst player on the pitch yesterday, having said that by no means writing him off - he clearly has the physical tools to dominate

Get off his back - he’s a young kid in a new league, probably the most demanding league in the world. He’s gonna make mistakes (few so far granted) and drift out of games as he gets used to it.

He’s class now and will only get better with a little patience - a player to build the side around.

I thought he played ok, was more involved 2nd half. I was thinking early doors is he suited or happy with our approach under Dyche, but he grew in the game and was intelligent with and without the ball.

Have to remind myself it's his first full season and he's come in from France. He's doing well enough but needs to impose himself more.

If there is an egg shortage we know where they all gone
1679396306798.png

If there is an egg shortage we know where they all gone
View attachment 207048

@Eggs
It occurs to me that Doucoure has been given licence to get forward at any opportunity, is it too much of a stretch to think that Onana is sitting deep on his manager's instructions. This would explain the lack of surging runs through the centre of midfield over the past few games.

Think hes either:

A: Shattered as hes never had so many games + no winter break.

B: Carrying an injury.

C: As you say, under instructions.

Both Lampard and now Dyche have said they are using him in certain roles to develop his all round game.

To me (and Roberto Martinez) he looks like he could be an incredible DM. But clearly both Everton managers see him as evolving into a box to box player.

Hopefully he learns and develops up a level in time for next season.

Sweden friday and then Germany tuesday

Interesting to see if he comes in as a DM or a CM.

Axel Witsel wont play so theres a space at DM for him if he wants it.

It occurs to me that Doucoure has been given licence to get forward at any opportunity, is it too much of a stretch to think that Onana is sitting deep on his manager's instructions. This would explain the lack of surging runs through the centre of midfield over the past few games.
Definitely instructions imo. No chance Dyche would say 'go out and do whatever to keep the GOT crowd happy' lol
The tactical switch is clear and tbf, with Doucoure's form it's working

Status
Not open for further replies.